Re: [IMPORTANT] Great Game Guarantee

by graceymanors

Original Post

[IMPORTANT] Great Game Guarantee

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

The Origin Great Game Guarantee 

We stand by our games. If you’re not completely satisfied with your digital download purchase from Origin, you can return it.

The Great Game Guarantee allows you to return EA digital game downloads (PC/Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-purchased/pre-ordered, whichever comes first.

How can I check if my game is eligible?

1. Visit your Order History and you will see a link to “Request a Refund” for all eligible products.

How do I submit a refund request?

1. Complete and submit the Refund Request Form.
  2. You’ll get a confirmation message within 48 hours, and your refund within 10 days if you meet the refund criteria.

How do I check the status of my refund request?

1. You can check the status of your refund in your Order History on the order summary page.
  2. If your refund doesn't appear in My Cases, and the processing time for your payment method has passed, contact us for further assistance.

Are there any restrictions on which games are eligible?

DLC and non-EA games purchased on Origin are excluded from the Great Game Guarantee. So, this is a guarantee for full game (a.k.a. “base game”) digital downloads published by EA for now, including full games on pre-order and most full games on promotional discount 

Are there refunds on game bundles?

If you purchased a bundle of games (e.g. a game with additional content, or a collection of games available at a discounted price when purchased together), all games/content must be returned together, and refunds can be requested within 24 hours of the first launch of one game within the bundle, or seven days after release or purchase, whichever comes first.

Is DLC eligible for returns?

DLC is not eligible for returns.  For now, we’re excited to offer the Great Game Guarantee for full game downloads, and continue to explore how we can expand the program over time.

Are games from non-EA publishers purchased on Origin eligible for returns?

We’re currently able to offer the Great Game Guarantee for all EA and EA-published partner games.  We’re continuing to explore how we can expand the program over time in with games from other publishers and developers.

Which countries will be eligible for the Great Game Guarantee at launch?

US, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, India, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Mexico, Brazil, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands will support the Great Game Guarantee at launch.

Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Korea, Germany, Russia, Poland, and other regions should stay tuned for further details. The Great Game Guarantee will be available to you soon!

Please see the Great Game Guarantee Policy for further details.

Message 1 of 43 (13,679 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

This is an excellent policy.  Hope more publishers adopt it!  Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 2 of 43 (13,486 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Wow.

24 hours does sound like an awefully short period of time though. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 43 (13,449 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Interesting. But I still love my CD/DVDs. Confusedmileywink:

Message 4 of 43 (13,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

24 hours is indeed a very short period. This guarantee pretty much lets people who can't run the game at all get their refund. 

You say "We stand by our games. If you’re not completely satisfied with your digital download purchase from Origin, you can return it" and yet you give only 24 hours to check the game out? What will a regular gamer do in 24 hours? Launch the game, go through the tutorial or whatever introduces him to the game and maybe make a couple of first steps towards the main gameplay. After 2-3 hours he will go to sleep, get up, go to work/school and when he comes back the 24 hours are over.

I know it took me at least three days to notice how terribly bug-ridden simcity is, for example.

If you really stand by your games, give the player 10 hours of actual gameplay instead, at least for always-online games like Simcity.

Or maybe you think your games become boring after 24 hours? That 24 hours is enough to do everything in the game that's worth doing? That your games are meant to give only 24 hours of entertainment?

To me, your "Great Game Guarantee" sounds more like "Guarantee that you will be able to launch the game and that it won't piss you off immediately".

I really don't want to be an ungrateful douchebag and sorry if I really sound like it, but let's face it : this is only a PR maneuver, not an actual guarantee of customer satisfaction.

Alas, it is a step in the right direction from your current EULA that pretty much says "Your purchase is at your own risk, we guarantee nothing and you will never even attempt to sue us for whatever crap we give you for your money". And that's not sarcasm, it's almost a word for word quote from the EULA.

Message 5 of 43 (12,645 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Within 3 days of buying the title at 39.99 it dropped to 19.99.. It's there any best price guarantee?
Message 6 of 43 (12,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

So my Assasin's Creed is not eligable for a refund? even though it will not download, I keep clicking download and nothing happens; so I get stuck with a broken game and wasted money? Frown

And 24 hrs is not long enough, it should be at least 3 days.no more than 7 though.

I've been trying to install a game for 16 hrs now, its been giving me errors non-stop and support is not available until monday; so my 24 hrs is up and I'm basically SOL.

Message 7 of 43 (12,213 Views)

★ Guide
Hi! Sounds Great,Thank you
Message 8 of 43 (12,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@graceymanors wrote:

And 24 hrs is not long enough, it should be at least 3 days.no more than 7 though.

I've been trying to install a game for 16 hrs now, its been giving me errors non-stop and support is not available until monday; so my 24 hrs is up and I'm basically SOL.

Keep in mind it's 24 hours after your first launch of the game, and not the start of your download Standard smile

Message 9 of 43 (11,992 Views)

★★ Apprentice

yea well i want a game that works properly not waste my time and money hoping that a game will work and then trying to get a refund, why don't you test the games for functionality prior to releasing them???

Message 10 of 43 (11,791 Views)