Re: ID has already been registered

by EA_Darko

Original Post

ID has already been registered

★★★ Newbie

Hi

Wondering if a search on account name "General-Hopper" can be checked.

I currently have "General-H0pper", would prefer without the 0.

When I search for account "General-Hopper" no results return.

Please can EA assist, thanks

Message 1 of 15 (18,886 Views)

EA DICE Team

@General-H0pper

Hi,

If you can't select an ID then sadly it means that it's already taken. I would also like to add that we don't check up individual ID's upon request.

It's worth nothing that you can only change your ID once per 72 hours though. So keep that in mind while trying out new names.

Thank you,

Message 2 of 15 (18,866 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to get my ID to AngelicDevilGirl but it says it has already been registered when it hasn't. Can you please help me out. 

Message 3 of 15 (18,333 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I recently changed my ID. I kept putting in different names because it kept saying the ID was already registered, which I already assumed was impossible. After refreshing the page, however, I noticed it changed my user anyway. You can maybe try that?

Message 4 of 15 (13,822 Views)

★ Novice

I recommend everyone try refreshing their page if nothing is working! I was getting super frustrated trying to find names that would work but all I had to do was refresh! 🙄🙄🙄

Message 5 of 15 (12,975 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Blueberry0216 I tried the same, but it keeps saying "ID has already been registered". I even search for that name to add as a friend and it doesn't even exist.
Message 6 of 15 (12,868 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Ivalice_VKP just because you can't find the username does not mean that it is free. It can simply be the case that the user has made their profile private and as such are not searchable.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 15 (12,836 Views)

★ Novice

How come this popular topic has no reasonable solution... ? But yet it fills EVERY forum I find..?

any ideas???

Message 8 of 15 (11,659 Views)

★ Novice

I decided to change my Gamertag on Xbox and I was hoping that the new name would automatically transfer to my EA account. It did not.

So when I connect to my EA account basic information, I can see my old ID as the main username and under Xbox live I see the Gamertag that I changed recently.

Now since I want to change the ID as well, when I type my username (super specific) it says that the "ID has already been registered", and even if I try other alterations of it, it still says the same thing.

Is It possible that EA considers my Xbox Live account an ID too?

and Can I log in with it?

I'm starting to get confused with all the identities, accounts and ID.

(Xbox, Mass effect, Battlefied heroes, Spore, origin, etc)

Message 9 of 15 (11,575 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @o8-XERO-8o if a username has already been taken then I'm sorry to say that you will be unable to use it.

If you are having a different issue please let us know and we will do what we can to assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 15 (11,534 Views)