I want to change my name to something I can't find on Origin but can't?

by roguescythe

Original Post

I want to change my name to something I can't find on Origin but can't?

★ Novice

Hello there,

Sorry about this as it may have been asked before, I'm on Origin on PC currently & I search for "RogueScythe" and do not find a user with that name, yet when I try & make that name mine it says it's taken? (I want my name as RogueScythe as for the past year I've been affiliated with Rogue the e-sports Org & our pro team have their names in similar format) But I can only get Rogue_Scythe and not RogueScythe even though it's not there? (I know my name on this page is roguescythe but i'm not sure what connection that has to anything as it doesn't appear on any of my info pages) if I could find some help or even a way to request the name if it's vacant or dormant would be awesome. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4 (374 Views)

Re: I want to change my name to something I can't find on Origin but can't?

Community Manager

Hey @roguescythe if a  name is not available then this would mean that it already is in use or is not allowed.

I checked the username RogueScythe and it is already associated with an EA account, as such, you would be unable to use it.

Your Origin name and your AHQ name are the same so if you are seeing it here when you post then you would also see it in your Origin account

Could it be that you have multiple EA Accounts?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (359 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko I would have thought it could be multiple accounts but this AHQ name is the same e-mail as my Origin account but my Origin ID is "Rogue_Scythe" If there's no way I can get it because it's not attached to me at all (I'm not sure how or why this one is RogueScythe with no spaces on AHQ considering I only changed my name recently) but yeah, I guess I'm just stuck then? Frown
Message 3 of 4 (353 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @roguescythe it's worth speaking with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to take a look at your account and advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (350 Views)