Re: I want a custom Avatar

by wadebear

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I want a custom Avatar

★ Apprentice

Since it appears we are stuck with this new forum, how can I create my own avatar?  It is hard to tell all the users here apart since they are using the limited EA avatar selections.   Everyone is a race car or flower.   Is it possible to create a custom Avatar?   All the FAQs here are not working for me.  

Message 1 of 21 (6,209 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

You need to have a certain rank to upload your own avatars.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 13 of 21 (6,557 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Up at the top of the screen you should see your name.  Click on it and a drop box will open.  Select Profile.  When the profile page comes up click on the avatar image and you can customize it.

Message 2 of 21 (6,188 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately when I do that I'm stuck with only EA choices which are few.   I would like to choose a custom Avatar much like you have done.    

Message 3 of 21 (6,183 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Huh.  When I do it a box opens with 4 tabs.  The first tab is "From my Computer".

Try Settings, then Avatar.

You may simply have to wait like you do in the other forum.

Message 4 of 21 (6,179 Views)

★ Guide

Ha! Yeah that looks a little complicated and has to be approved. Looks like I'm stuck with the troll hand for awhile.

Message 5 of 21 (6,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Click on your name and then settings. Next to the word Avatar is a plus sign. Click that. Then click from uploaded images. It should give you the option to upload one. Unlike EA Tapped Out forums, you do not copy and paste a link from imgur or the like. You must directly upload the avatar to Answer Headquarters. It is not like EA forums. You do not need to post here and be promoted. Everyone can have an avatar of their choice or you can use one that AHQ provides its members. @sealley123 @IckabodSchrek

Message 6 of 21 (6,154 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just changed mine by following the excellent info from indys2nd. If I can do it anyone can!

Message 7 of 21 (6,140 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm guessing my difficulties are because I'm using a mac desktop and an iPad?    I just don't have any option for an upload.    But thanks again for all your help.   It has and will help other users.

Message 8 of 21 (6,127 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'll be so glad when our forum is back. This site is really frustrating to me. Easy to get lost and difficult to get back. Slow as snails and when I got really lost and tried to do a search from ea faq spot I found every game in the ea universe except the Simpson tapped out. 

Kinda cool ol to see ultimate online is still out there but.....

Message 9 of 21 (6,119 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I don't get much choice either: I choose profile - edit - avatar, then I get an array of standard avatars. No option to upload, can't drag a jpeg onto my profile, nothing.

I also use a mac and iPad 

Message 10 of 21 (6,105 Views)