Re: I pre-ordered Sims 4 cats and dogs for my ps4 and it wont download.

by katiesmith144

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I pre-ordered Sims 4 cats and dogs for my ps4 and it wont download.

★★★ Newbie

So I bought the pre order for cats and dogs on the ps4 about 3 or 4 days ago and I was like okay I will just wait till I can download it but today when I came out it wouldn't let me download it saying that this content wasnt bought and now I have to spend another 40 dollars on the same pack. What do I do? I don't have the money right now.

Message 1 of 11 (2,018 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey all, sorry to see that you had issues with your preorder. When you make an order on the PS4 we have no real oversight, if you are having issues with receiving your content then you will need to speak with Sony in relation to receiving the content you paid for. I would recommend contacting their live support immediately and asking them to ensure that the game you preordered is redeemed to your account.  

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (1,255 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

i pre ordered it July 13th ive been on the phone with Playstation and EA all afternoon and i have zero answers besides maxis and sony are working on it and we should be seeing some sort of update on our playstations soon

Message 2 of 11 (1,957 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve been going through the same thing. I’m so ticked! I preordered on the 18th of July. EA said it was an issue with Sony (as usual). Apparently we never got the licenses when we preordered the game.... ridiculous. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,849 Views)

★ Novice
I called and asked for a refund for the preorder and they put the refund in my wallet and I just rebought and downloaded it (:
Message 4 of 11 (1,825 Views)

★ Novice
I called and they said I should be able to download at 7pm pacific time (10pm Eastern). If not I'm asking for a refund too
Message 5 of 11 (1,621 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sony is in charge of refunds. EA will state that they sell the verification codes to Sony and after that all the   actual purchasing happens through the PlayStation store and they have no way of reimbursing the customer. They could buy back the licenses and try to make things right by excluding Sony entirely but that would be expensive and difficult and they wouldn’t have the information to do so. If they cared or had any sense of decency they would reimburse the customers (with an image of the digital receipt) who are passionate enough about the series to not only pre-order a 40 dollar expansion but be genuinely distressed when they couldn’t use it. Only a small percent of customers would take advantage of this so the profits they made off the verification codes would be able to cover it. Genuine Remorse and Good Faith something EA is famous for. The most dishonest thing that could happen is customers get reimbursed twice through EA and Sony but one, Sony ain’t gonna do reimbursements even if this takes days to resolve (they claim it is impossible at the moment, I’ve tried.) and two nobody bought this being able to foresee that there would be double reimbursements. Neither of those things are as dishonest as EA giving faulty verification codes to Sony or Sony selling pre orders without the verification codes. EA isn’t gonna do anything and neither is SONY.

Message 6 of 11 (1,556 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Spoiler

At least that long * message wasted some time while I wait... My Sim still doesn’t know violin so I guess I’ll do that. maybe one more hour. (If either company was responsible or reliable I might believe them when they say 10:00, but then again if they we’re we wouldn’t be in this situation)

Message 7 of 11 (1,545 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Who did you call? 

Message 8 of 11 (1,212 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, sorry to see that you had issues with your preorder. When you make an order on the PS4 we have no real oversight, if you are having issues with receiving your content then you will need to speak with Sony in relation to receiving the content you paid for. I would recommend contacting their live support immediately and asking them to ensure that the game you preordered is redeemed to your account.  

Darko.png
Message 9 of 11 (1,256 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Who did you call?
Message 10 of 11 (1,041 Views)