I ordered the Sims 4 University pack yesterday, and it charged me twice.

by aisofspades

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I ordered the Sims 4 University pack yesterday, and it charged me twice.

★★★★★ Newbie

The first time I tried purchasing, it said payment failed, though I've used the same payment methods plenty of times.  When I tried again it went through and it downloaded, but now there are two charges of $43 and some change on my bank account. Help?

Message 1 of 2 (553 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I ordered the Sims 4 University pack yesterday, and it charged me twice.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @aisofspades one of the charges is most likely a pre-authorisation. A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it is never actually taken from the account. 

In this situation, the best thing to do is to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to take a look at your transactions and advise you further as to what has happened and if anything needs to be done on our end. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (520 Views)

All Replies

Re: I ordered the Sims 4 University pack yesterday, and it charged me twice.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @aisofspades one of the charges is most likely a pre-authorisation. A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it is never actually taken from the account. 

In this situation, the best thing to do is to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to take a look at your transactions and advise you further as to what has happened and if anything needs to be done on our end. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (521 Views)