I keep getting the 'We reset your password to protect your account' email.

by One_Side_Effect

Original Post

Re: EA/Origin keeps resetting my passwords...Stop it.

★★★ Novice

Yeah @EA_Ataashi . I recently started playing it again and I get a request to reset my password almost every day. I have seen others having this issue recently too. This never happened last time I played awhile back. It's just extremely irritating haha.

Message 41 of 93 (3,134 Views)

I keep getting the 'We reset your password to protect your account' email.

★★★ Newbie

Hello.

I keep getting the We reset your password to protect your account email.

I've got the email 5 times in one month.

This problem appeared after starting to play Dragon Age Inquisition (about 2 months ago).

I have 2 step verification process active, ever since I've created the account. I haven't had any issues so far with any other accounts (emails, other game platforms, etc). NOTE: I also use different passwords for my accounts.

From my research on this topic ( EA/Origin keeps resetting my account password / 2 weeks ago by MattKiely16 ), it seems that no actions have been taken by EA in order to solve this problem - IT IS OBVIOUS that the customer is not at fault.

Please look into this matter as it is annoying.

Thank you.

Message 42 of 93 (3,273 Views)

Re: Origin Keeps Resetting My Password!

★★★★ Novice

Had the same issue. Already changed email and passwords multiple times.Only playing DAI. Based from another forum, suggested workaround is to uncheck the boxes under Options, Account.

I just did mine so here's to hoping it works.

Message 43 of 93 (3,270 Views)

Re: I keep getting the 'We reset your password to protect your account' email.

Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone!

We're still investigating your accounts - I'm sorry that it's been taking so much time, but once the fix is available I will let you know.

Thank you so much for your patience so far!

/Ataashi

Message 44 of 93 (3,507 Views)

Re: We reset your password to protect your account

★★★ Novice

I just had this happen to me last night, and a live chat support person tried to tell me that the email I received was a scam! I explained to him multiple times that my password was reset, that it couldn't be a scam if my password had been forcibly changed and if the email domain was from EA. He insisted that "[edit: email address removed]" was not legitimate (even though it is), and I received the EXACT SAME EMAIL as the one you showed, OP. He claimed EA would "never change a person's password on their end" even though it absolutely happened, and it was right after I had played DA:I last night too! So frustrating! 

Message 45 of 93 (3,461 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same thing is happening to me also while playing Inquisition for a past few months, unchecking the options under Account fixed it, but when I started second playthrough and logged in to upload world state from dragon age keep it started again.

Message 46 of 93 (3,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

UPDATE #1

While our team is still investigating the problem on our side, some players reported that unchecking certain options in the game's menu stopped (even temporarily) sending out unwanted password resets.

Please give it a try and let us know if that also fixed the issue for you (it will help with our investigation).

Go to: Options -> Account

Screenshot_3.png

/Ataashi

UPDATE #2

Our team is still investigating the problem, but they need your help in estimating a few important factors. Could you please answer the questions below:

- Do you receive password reset email every time after you launch DAI?

- Have the workaround with unchecking account options worked for you?

- If you don't reset the password on your account after receiving the email, are you still able to log in?

- We would be grateful if you could provide us with a screenshot of the email which you receiving to reset your password (please send them to me via a direct message).

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

UPDATE #3

Hey everyone!

Huge thanks to everyone who's sent screenshots of the emails to me as requested! They were very helpful Standard smile

Our experts are still investigating the problem. More updates to come.

(This post as been marked as accepted solution ONLY for better visibility and will be updated accordingly)

Message 47 of 93 (23,987 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been experiencing the same with my account. Have now unchecked the boxes to stop sharing info with my account. Hoping this will help. Have also set up two step verification as well as adding a second email for contact. Have also recently changed by security passwords and so on and so forth. I only experience having my password reset whenever I have been playing Dragon Age. Could not shutting down the Origin app correctly when shutting down my PC trigger problems which lead to password resets? It is extremely frustrating to experience this over and over.

Message 48 of 93 (3,373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue

I have an unique e-mail and unique password for the account

I have DA:I and the Anthem trial installed. The last time I got the password reset prompt, I have not been playing any games

This could be an indication EA got hacked and lost your personal info to third parties. Be careful out there.

Message 49 of 93 (3,296 Views)

★★ Apprentice

so many people have the same problem for weeks in the German forum and nothing is done. This is so frustrating.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technische-Fragen/Wir-haben-dein-Passwort-zum-Schutz-deines-Kontos-zuruckg...

Message 50 of 93 (3,289 Views)