I keep getting security code texts in Russian, German and English.

by BattleBorn065

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I keep getting security code texts in Russian, German and English.

★★ Apprentice

As I stated above. I keep getting security text codes in Russian, German and English. This has been going on for about a month. I have read articles about system possibly having a virus on them. Just out of precaution, I did a sweep with Malwarebytes, Windows Defender and ClamWin. All had the same result. No viruses or other malware.

Is there a way that I can stop this? I have also changed my password several times since this started. I've tried everything short of closing my account, in which I would lose all my games, which is not an option. I have also included a screenshot, though I am not sure how that will help. But you never know

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Message 1 of 18 (14,506 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I keep getting security code texts in Russian, German and English.

Community Manager

@BattleBorn065

What you are seeing does not indicate a virus.

What is recommended is to add an additional layer of security to your account by enabling Login Verification, also known as two factor authentication. You can do that using the info at this link:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/origin-login-verification-information

Also, it may be prudent to change the password of the email address you have associated with your EA account.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (14,509 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@BattleBorn065

What you are seeing does not indicate a virus.

What is recommended is to add an additional layer of security to your account by enabling Login Verification, also known as two factor authentication. You can do that using the info at this link:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/origin-login-verification-information

Also, it may be prudent to change the password of the email address you have associated with your EA account.

barry.png
Message 2 of 18 (14,510 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've changed my password, I don't even play any new ea games and rarely play anything anymore. But your stupid system keeps sending these text messages all times of day and night. I've changed my information more than once, and it still within a few days is sending them again. Your system is compromised and your support system is ridiculously complicated. Your support here keeps saying solved when all you do is post the same copied tripe and click solved, it is NOT solved. With all the computer programmers you have available, you would think this problem could have been fixed years ago. 

Message 3 of 18 (11,919 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m to getting Russian codes sent in the middle of the night had around 50 in 3 weeks.funny thing is it’s a email address that I have used for nothing other then miscrosoft and ea.

Message 4 of 18 (11,901 Views)

★★ Novice

i have the same problem. i even changed my password and email, but i still getting access code in many language. i am pretty sure no one trying to access my account, this is within ea systems.

Message 5 of 18 (11,099 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This issue just started for me and a friend as well within the past month. I have changed my password and enabled two factor authentication. The barrage of Russian and English text messages has not stopped.

Please identify the problem!

Message 6 of 18 (10,576 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same issue. I have been receiving these text messages with EA Security Codes for over a year. EA does nothing to solve the issue...

Message 7 of 18 (10,415 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been dealing with this too for at least 6 months and it’s driving me crazy. I’ve changed passwords and email and it doesn’t matter. I also never use EA these days (except for a mobile game) and have no payment info connected so I’m not overly worried but the texts are getting insanely annoying 

Message 8 of 18 (10,360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Enabling the two factor authentication does nothing to stop the text. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! 

Neither does changing your password or email.

Edit going to start blocking the numbers to see if it helps

Message 9 of 18 (10,345 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BattleBorn065 its 2019 and still receive this russian verification code. wtf
Message 10 of 18 (10,154 Views)