Accepted Solution

I just bought Sims 4 and could not download it

★★★ Newbie

I just bought Sims $ for 27 dollars and it did not download

Message 1 of 2 (167 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I just bought Sims 4 and could not download it

Hero

@patfarabaugh Is the game available for download in your Origin client? (You must be logged in to the account on which you purchased it). It probably won't download on its own, you'll need to tell it to by hovering your mouse over the game and clicking on 'Download' (or possibly 'Install', I currently have some things downloading so mine says 'Add to Downloads' Tongue out ).

If you go to your Order History in Origin, does the transaction show up as completed? Occassionally these things can take a while (possibly a few days) to process. To see your Order History:

Order History.jpg

If the game isn't showing up in your library at all, you might want to check that you have Origin set to show all games. It's also worth checking under Hidden Games too, just in case it found its way there.

Display Games.jpg

Logging out of your account and back in might help. You could also try refreshing your games list by clicking the circular arrow (seen in the above screenshot, next to 'show').

If that doesn't help, you might need to contact EA support, which you can do here. 

The contact page tends to default to the US, so if you live elsewhere you can set your country using the menu in the upper left corner. If your country isn't an option, it's suggested you select the US or UK, though you will need to account for the time difference if you opt for live chat or phone support, as they are only available during certain hours.

If you choose live chat, be aware the estimated wait time tends to be wrong until it gets under 4 or 5 minutes. If you're left waiting for an unreasonable amount of time, try a different browser.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (163 Views)

All Replies

Re: I just bought Sims 4 and could not download it

Hero

@patfarabaugh Is the game available for download in your Origin client? (You must be logged in to the account on which you purchased it). It probably won't download on its own, you'll need to tell it to by hovering your mouse over the game and clicking on 'Download' (or possibly 'Install', I currently have some things downloading so mine says 'Add to Downloads' Tongue out ).

If you go to your Order History in Origin, does the transaction show up as completed? Occassionally these things can take a while (possibly a few days) to process. To see your Order History:

Order History.jpg

If the game isn't showing up in your library at all, you might want to check that you have Origin set to show all games. It's also worth checking under Hidden Games too, just in case it found its way there.

Display Games.jpg

Logging out of your account and back in might help. You could also try refreshing your games list by clicking the circular arrow (seen in the above screenshot, next to 'show').

If that doesn't help, you might need to contact EA support, which you can do here. 

The contact page tends to default to the US, so if you live elsewhere you can set your country using the menu in the upper left corner. If your country isn't an option, it's suggested you select the US or UK, though you will need to account for the time difference if you opt for live chat or phone support, as they are only available during certain hours.

If you choose live chat, be aware the estimated wait time tends to be wrong until it gets under 4 or 5 minutes. If you're left waiting for an unreasonable amount of time, try a different browser.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 2 (164 Views)