I got a new laptop. How do I switch back to play my games on it

by stellagrace75

Original Post

I got a new laptop. How do I switch back to play my games on it

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I can't figure out how to transfer my access to my games to my new laptop

Message 1 of 4 (873 Views)

Re: I got a new laptop. How do I switch back to play my games on it

@stellagrace75  Login to the Origin account you used on your previous computer, and you should be able to download all your owned games for free.

If you want to transfer your progress in certain games, how to do so depends on the game.  For example, many Origin games store your save states on EA servers, so you wouldn't need to do anything to resume your progress.  On the other hand, Sims 3 and 4 store user data in Documents\Electronic Arts, so you'd have to manually transfer the relevant folder(s) to your new computer in order to play your old saves.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (860 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have a question... Can I email those saved game files to myself and add then on my new computer to said folder that way? And what folder do I find them in? I'm sorry.. I'm somewhat computer illiterate 😂. I appreciate your help 🤗❤️

Message 3 of 4 (827 Views)

@RebeccaJeanine71  Yes, you could, if your saves are stored locally.  It might be easier though to upload them to a free cloud storage service (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and download them onto your new computer.

The location of your saves depends on the game.  I only know about Sims games: in Sims 3 saves are in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves; in Sims 4, they're in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves.  The other user data is in the same folder, for example saved builds and households are in Library (Sims 3) or Tray (Sims 4).

For other games, if you're not sure where the data is, it would be best to ask on a forum for that game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (819 Views)