Re: i forgot my security question on origin and i can't change my name.

by nzeppos

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

At least allow us to change the answer and question via email, an option like password retrieval. Now anyone who forgets their security question can't edit their profile. Not to mention  customer support doesn't work in some regions of the world. A **bleep** stupid decision not to have a 'I forgot my security question' button.

Message 21 of 384 (10,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same issue here, forgot my security question and now I can't change any of my account details.

- What were they thinking?

- Who was the genius who decided we can't forget the security question and that we need it to change our settings (instead of a strong password)?

- Why is it so hard to change it? I tried to do it via the Help center and it told me for security issues I can only contact EA by phone. We're in 2014, everything is done online. I definitely don't want start calling international numbers at exorbitant rates, as my country is not even listed to the ones displayed in the Help center.

- Why isn't there an option via 2-step authentication or mobie SMS or something similar to enable us to change our password and/or security question?

- Why does EA have to drive us crazy every single time we need to do simple things like this one?

- Why?!

Message 22 of 384 (10,000 Views)

★★ Novice

And can someone help me i wrote my email wrong so i can´t get vertify email and i forget anwser for question so i can´t change my nick, i was talking with Advisor if he could delete acount (i have 2 acount, i created second because i wrote my email wrong) and he said first i need to vertify email and then he can delete it, :/

Message 23 of 384 (9,839 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 24 of 384 (9,819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Whenever you guys are making something for Origin, for the love of god, just copy Valve. Their security messures at least work. No offense, but security questions are just the most horrible thing ever, especially if you want to change something like, say, your email adress.

Message 25 of 384 (9,785 Views)

★★★ Novice

I hear you all, this is real stupid, and the system needs changed. It's a Nightmare.

Message 26 of 384 (9,543 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Guys this is a lost case they never really listen to their community about stuff like this, They will never change it or make it more user friendly cause they simply dont give a *beep* about their customers.

Message 27 of 384 (9,521 Views)

★★ Novice

Message 28 of 384 (9,450 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I forgot my security question answer
Message 29 of 384 (9,447 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here... Can't change anything in my account. What should I do? I can't contact any advisors and origin has no live tech support...............

Message 30 of 384 (9,440 Views)