Re: i forgot my security question on origin and i can't change my name.

by EA_Stephen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I forgot my EA Account security question

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I forgot my security question on my EA account and i can't change my name . Can you send me a new password on my e-mail? I can also send u screens when I created the account.

Message 1 of 384 (729,359 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hello everyone,

Any account management changes will be handled by an EA Advisor. You can contact them via EA Help:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

View in thread

Message 251 of 384 (264,830 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

This isn't something that can be fixed by email or indeed on the forum.

Please follow these steps to contact a game advisor for more help. There’s nothing we can do on the forum to fix this for you.

Contacting an EA Game Advisor: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new

This article here describes how: https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center#2

Log in with your Origin account and choose "Origin" as Product, your Platform, then "Account Management" as Topic and describe your issue to see all available contact options.

If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answer HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 384 (728,072 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is it something wrong with Live Chat ? I was waiting for 2 hours and nothing happen . Wait time always show under 5 min . Can i contact with you in other way ?

Message 3 of 384 (728,049 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

they should just have a helpline ....that would make more sense

Message 4 of 384 (720,176 Views)

Community Manager

@DylanSandeman wrote:

they should just have a helpline ....that would make more sense

I believe you are from Australia, please check this page here for more details on how to best contact our helpline: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/INFO-Australian-and-New-Zealand-Phone-Support/m-p/1734537#M38555

Cheers,

Nils

Message 5 of 384 (720,142 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am from India. I am having the same problem too. Can you help?

Message 6 of 384 (713,484 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The sign for live chat is never lit up. I cant click on it at all. All i've wanted to do is change my email but i still havnt been able to do that simple task because of this.

Message 7 of 384 (712,407 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 8 of 384 (708,493 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

EA are idiots making it so that you can only change your security question by answering your security question. It is a completly idiotic system and I hope they change it. EA also makes us sit for hours on hours on hours waiting for customer service to change a security question. I know they are scared of people that will get thier account hacked while one underpayed EA employee gets yelled at for it. But still its just a security question. I dont know about anyone else but when I fill out a security question I expect to hardly ever use it.

Message 9 of 384 (708,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I totally agree with you. I'm like literally stressing just becase of stupid security question. I can't change my email or name.

Seriously...it's so [Comment Removed - Admin.]

Message 10 of 384 (707,163 Views)