I didn't create this account

by abc1647476170

Original Post

Re: I didn't create this account

★★ Novice

My account has now the same question: "В какую начальную школу вы ходили?"

I resetted the password because this hacker managed to change my id, "real" name and claim BF4 free hours, but I still can't change the security question, of which I have no idea what the answer is. So it would be much appreciated if I could get a password reset instead of a guide of how to get my account back, because I already have it.

Thanks in advance and sorry if I sound too harsh, it's just this hacker is pissing me off Standard smile

Message 11 of 21 (1,090 Views)

Community Manager

@dragonite1983 wrote:

That is the problem i dont think anyone has accessed my EA account and cant think of any reason why, all i play is the sims 3, nothing worth compromising there. I think there has been a problem with your system itself getting hacked and a handful of us have had this security question put on our account in russian - funny how they are all the same question? no?

@dragonite1983 Hi again,

Based up on the information you have provided, all evidence points at that your account information has been phished somehow and the phisher now has access to your account. I would strongly recommend that you get in touch with us to re-secure your account and update your security question in the process.

The way phishing scams work, they don't know in advance what is contained on your account so they will try to get access to any account they can and then see if they can somehow monetize it later.

In regards to the same Russian question being used, it is probably the first security question available, so if the phisher adds it to your account and changes it to Russian, that is why it would look the same for everyone.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 12 of 21 (1,072 Views)

Community Manager

@8063744652 wrote:

My account has now the same question: "В какую начальную школу вы ходили?"

I resetted the password because this hacker managed to change my id, "real" name and claim BF4 free hours, but I still can't change the security question, of which I have no idea what the answer is. So it would be much appreciated if I could get a password reset instead of a guide of how to get my account back, because I already have it.

Thanks in advance and sorry if I sound too harsh, it's just this hacker is pissing me off Standard smile

@Sorrowglaive Hi,

We unfortunately cannot assist further with this issue on the forums, due it being related to account security.

I understand that you just want full access to your account back, but our interest is first off in re-securing your account.

We need you to reach out to us so we can ensure everything is safe.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 13 of 21 (1,072 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi!

Yeah, I've sent a ticket and now I'm supposed to wait 48hs. I really hope we can fix this, as I don't want to lose my games x_x

Thanks!

Message 14 of 21 (1,061 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im on the same problem I didnt use my Origin account for months, so I dont know how much time my accoutn has been hacked, I do wanted to get Star Wars Battlefront today and find this gem that my account is compromised.

I live in Costa Rica and according to support page the only way the manage this matter is by a phone call, only USA and CANADA, obviously we beaners are off reach and at the mercy of these hackers.

I cant provide an USA phone number so I can not proceed with the support page, Im stuck here by a wall of stupidity by EA and Origin.

I was able to reset my password, but everything elese, my account name, my date of birth, my payment method and my security settings, are all behind this stupid question:
В какую начальную школу вы ходили?

Which is seems nobody knows.

EA should reset all security questions that matches this one and send the new answer to the email accounts linked to the Origin accounts so the proper owners of these accounts can get back the ownership of their accounts.

Please help us this is annoying as its ovious EA/Origing dont have a plan B of security support for people that is outside USA and Canada, that means, the rest of the WORLD!!!

Message 15 of 21 (971 Views)

Community Manager

@Tenshin78 Hi,

If you are living in a country that doesn't support our 'call me' feature, you could also use a Voice-Over-IP service (such as Skype) instead. Just put your location in the Voice-Over-IP service to UK and use that to call our UK number: +44 203 0141818 (Available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday)

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 16 of 21 (963 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am in the group with the others with strange question and in my opinion this "hack" is based on EA security breach or fatal account error (which would be very funny and unbelievable)  because the so called hacker cannot change anything related to password or primary email without confirmation from the same main email, which in my case is protected with SMS confirmation which i receive on my mobile, not even remotely connected to EA. Other prove is that if my computer (in my case I play only on it) has been hacked i would lose every single registration on most sites or platforms I use, but everything is OK except Origin account. Please give me a reasonable way to contact your support NOT BY PHONE IT WILL COST ME A FORTUNE - not in the UK or any other country listed in support section. Tried voip method just to check if it works, now explain me how to make Skype think I am in the UK (treat me as basic dummy user who doesn't know skype uses location services, and I cannot use proxy or change locales of windows or any other OS).

Message 17 of 21 (958 Views)

Community Manager

@ubitakk Hi,

Unfortunately we cannot give specific support for third-party software, you will have to check with them to see how to do this. I was just trying to point out that this method may help to reduce the cost to make a call more likely to be affordable.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 18 of 21 (951 Views)

★★ Novice

There is a huge rash of hacks. My account also has been stolen, and the current associated email is from .rs, which is a Russian web designation. Very odd, and I don't know what they are gaining from stealing all these account (I hope it's not my identity information and credit card numbers). While I don't use my origin account at all, I still want this visible and resolved so posting on similar posts as this to consolidate information.

Message 19 of 21 (943 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello. this SAME THING seems to have happened to me as well! Ive been an EA user for YEARS! I just tried to sign up for the new NHL Rewards and it will not let me because this question comes up in Russian! What can I do??

Message 20 of 21 (899 Views)