Re: I did not recieve notification of my ban

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

I did not recieve notification of my ban

★★★ Newbie

My account was banned suddenly. I haven't used it for a while. However, I buy BF5 on steam the day before yesterday. I receive a ban when I open the game. It's an account ban but not a cheating ban. I didn't cheat at all. I don't receive any notification about this ban at all. The contact us service does not work too.

Message 1 of 4 (333 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @rourencz

Could you check the email inbox of the email linked up to your EA account please? Sometimes mail from ea can be routed through to spam, do double-check it's not gone in there, 

The email should notify you if there's a ban on your account.

In terms of the ban itself,

• PunkBuster Ban Appeal: if you received a PunkBuster ban, first try uninstalling it and re-download the latest version from their site. If you're still banned, please dispute the ban with them through this process: "PunkBuster violations and bans"
  • EA  Ban Appeal: If it wasn't a PunkBuster ban, it would be best to get in touch with the Terms of Service team by filling out the webform. Please check out this EA Help guide for guidance on how to do that: How to get more information about my ban or suspension

You mentioned this was quite sudden and unexpected... do you feel this was due to your account possibly being hijacked from an unauthorized party? I'd advise contacting our Support team at your earliest convenience in that case so they can help secure down your account for you as much as can be done while there is a lock in place. You can reach them through the EA Help website: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 4 (311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I double-check my email several times. The notification is not inside. Till now, I still don't receive any email about my ban. No details are provided for me. 

Message 3 of 4 (267 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @likaicheng2002,

Please follow the advise I've posted above if you are also experiencing a Battlefield ban

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 4 (233 Views)