Re: I'd like to link my PSN account to my new origin account

by thelemonorange

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I tried this, and apparently many other players are having this issue on PSN, because my account is linked to another Origin account even though it isn't. This is a huge hassle, as the only reason I bought the game was to play multiplayer and now I have to wait for EA to fix this issue.

Message 21 of 94 (257,768 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I have the same problem too. Why is battlelog so convuluted, it brags about being one of the most "easy to use" game stat trackers. I contacted a game advisor and they were not able to help me.

Message 22 of 94 (257,765 Views)

Community Manager

If your PSN or Xbox Live account has already been linked with an Origin account in the past, and you would like to switch it to another Origin account, you'll have to contact a Game Advisor for further assistance as they are currently the only ones that can unlink your accounts.

If your account has never been linked to another Origin account so far, please follow these steps: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/I-d-like-to-link-my-PSN-account-to-my-new-origin-account/m-p/...

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

2 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"

3 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"

4 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions" again.

5 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.

6 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country or time of day.

Message 23 of 94 (257,717 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i got a guy called jason, he was the most helpful guy ive ever seen , Ea not bad customer service like some people say / thanks EA

Message 24 of 94 (257,534 Views)

Anonymous

Hello,

I followed your steps and waited for about 5 minutes.

The account I tried to link did not link though..

I don't have the option to chat to a EA person for whatever reason and I don't really want to call them..

Help me?

Message 25 of 94 (257,533 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks lets just hope it works, if not i'll get real angry

Message 26 of 94 (257,533 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm on Xbox Live but when i sign into my account it says no friends found and dosent connect

Message 27 of 94 (257,471 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After a long while going back and forth between Game Advisors I finally got one who simply told me I needed to unlink my PSN account from my old Origin account, which I had created a long way back before I created a new one as I moved to a different continent, and link to to the new account that I use.

The Game Advisor simply unlinked my PSN from my old Origin account then gave me instructions on how to link my current Origin account to my PSN. I have copied the instructions below:

-------------------------------------------

The Xbox 360/Xbox One and the PlayStation 3/PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita both use their own types of account for managing your games and online interactions; Gamertag for Xbox, and PSN ID for Playstation. For EA games, these accounts should be linked to your Origin account

Note for Next Gen Consoles: Your gamertag or PSN ID carries over from Xbox 360/PS3 to Xbox One/PS4. If you have played any EA game on the last generation of consoles, please make sure you find and use that same account when you play on next gen.

Linking your accounts:
Your Gamertag/PSN ID and Origin Account should be correctly linked when you first access an EA game online if you use the same email address for both. We recommend that you check your Origin account to ensure your emails match. 

If the email address for your Gamertag/PSN/PSVita ID is different than the address for your Origin account, connect them using the steps below:

1. Open the Origin client and click the Friends button, then Add a Friend.
  2. In the Import Friends menu, you can choose to "connect" your Xbox LIVE, PSN, and EA accounts. Simply sign in with your account details to connect.

If you have issues connecting your account, you will need to properly link them by contacting a Game Advisor.

----------------------------------------------

I hope this helps for all those who are going around and around in circles Standard smile

Message 28 of 94 (257,131 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the help.

Message 29 of 94 (257,087 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you didnt even read the first guys question im done with yall **bleep** it

Message 30 of 94 (254,113 Views)