I currently have a PC, if I buy a Mac will my games still work?

by taymjack

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I currently have a PC, if I buy a Mac will my games still work?

★★★ Newbie

(Sims4, Sims3 and SimCity expansions). My laptop is falling to pieces and I want to get a Macbook Air

Message 1 of 3 (212 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I currently have a PC, if I buy a Mac will my games still work?

Community Manager

@taymjack Hi,

You are lucky, all these three games will work if you had already registered them to your EA account. Just download Origin on your new Macbook and download the games from within after logging in.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (182 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Since I have always considered Apple products (after the Apple IIs) as having just been way too expensive, I have no idea whether anything with the name "Air" could qualify as a gaming machine.  I do know that the hardware involved is Intel's X86-based, same as the WinTel PCs. 

If the system requirements are up to the job, I think there are cross-platform versions of Simcity and of The Sims.  What I don't know is whether you'll have to re-purchase anything other than Simcity 2013 -- that one was sold as one price for two OSes. 

Message 2 of 3 (208 Views)

Community Manager

@taymjack Hi,

You are lucky, all these three games will work if you had already registered them to your EA account. Just download Origin on your new Macbook and download the games from within after logging in.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 3 (183 Views)