Re: I cant run the origin setup

by kabouki1965

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I cant run the origin setup

★★★ Newbie

when i try to install origin it tells me MSCVP140.dll is missing and VCRUNTIME 140.DLL

Message 1 of 4 (426 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi @deckedzues8 

Those files are part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes, which needed to be installed properly. Please uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.

To do this please follow the steps which I collected from solutions posted by Puzzlezaddict and Community Manager Darko addressing similar situations.

1. Hit Windows key + i
2. Select Apps
3. Scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them) and select Uninstall.
4. You can download new copies here.
5. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
6. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.
7. Restart your computer and try to install Origin again.

On this link, you get an installer, so no need to place the files on a specific folder.

Disclaimer: I took full responsibility for the contents of this post, I am a player like you and do not work for EA, so anything I say cannot be considered as endorsed or in any way implicate EA.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (378 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 4 (417 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ItsLwrence I downloaded the files and put them in my SysWOW64 folder and it still didn't work
Message 3 of 4 (400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi @deckedzues8 

Those files are part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes, which needed to be installed properly. Please uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.

To do this please follow the steps which I collected from solutions posted by Puzzlezaddict and Community Manager Darko addressing similar situations.

1. Hit Windows key + i
2. Select Apps
3. Scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them) and select Uninstall.
4. You can download new copies here.
5. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
6. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.
7. Restart your computer and try to install Origin again.

On this link, you get an installer, so no need to place the files on a specific folder.

Disclaimer: I took full responsibility for the contents of this post, I am a player like you and do not work for EA, so anything I say cannot be considered as endorsed or in any way implicate EA.

Message 4 of 4 (379 Views)