I cannot change my email verification preferences

by cohow04

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I cannot change my email verification preferences

★★★ Newbie

So this is the first time I've been on this account in almost 5 years, it took forever to figure out how to even get into it. The email used to make this account has since been deleted years ago, and therefore cannot receive emails. So I cannot change the email, or really do anything before verifying the account, which by default sends an email. Obviously, I do not have this email so I sought out other ways to receive verification codes. I saw on a different forum post that you could change verification preferences, and I was looking to send a text to my phone with the code. However the choice to change my preferences does not pop up anywhere that I can see. The only reason I want to verify this account is so I can maybe change the email to my current one and also the password, but if not email then just the password. I need it to connect this account, (which is connected to my Xbox account) to my Twitch account so I can get twitch drops to my Xbox Apex Legends account and not my Steam Apex account, which happened to me last time there were Twitch drops for ALGS on a different EA account I have that uses my current email. Is there some way I could get help from someone who works at EA? Perhaps someone that deals with account recovery?

Message 1 of 2 (291 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I cannot change my email verification preferences

Community Manager

Hey @cohow04 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (257 Views)

All Replies

Re: I cannot change my email verification preferences

Community Manager

Hey @cohow04 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (258 Views)