I cannot change my Origin avatar

by CT-15907-Ayber

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I cannot change my Origin avatar

★★ Novice

I cannot change my avatar.

I've been trying on multiple devices and with multiple browsers, the result is always the same.

On the myaccount.ea page, when I click on the picture of my avatar with the little blue pen to modify it, it opens the window as intended, but that's where everything stops working.

I can navigate my files but selecting a picture to upload doesn't do anything. The avatar gallery tab is impossible to open. The save and cancel buttons both don't do anything at all. When I try any of these actions, the only change is a little "javascript:void(0)" displayed at the bottom left.

This issue is at least 3 years old from what I saw on this forum but I didn't find a single solution.

Message 1 of 10 (1,405 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I cannot change my Origin avatar

Community Manager
Hey @CT-15907-Ayber,

This issue is currently under investigation, other users are also having troubles changing their avatar. This should be fixed soon, thanks for your patience!
Cath-1-222

Quelqu'un vous vient en aide? Vous pouvez lui donner un peu d'XP
Votre problème est résolu? N'hésitez pas à Accepter une solution sur votre sujet
*Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés*

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,363 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hey @CT-15907-Ayber,

This issue is currently under investigation, other users are also having troubles changing their avatar. This should be fixed soon, thanks for your patience!
Cath-1-222

Quelqu'un vous vient en aide? Vous pouvez lui donner un peu d'XP
Votre problème est résolu? N'hésitez pas à Accepter une solution sur votre sujet
*Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés*
Message 2 of 10 (1,364 Views)

★★★★ Novice

investigation takes over 7 years? there are reports with the same error back in 2013...nice job!

Message 3 of 10 (1,271 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Cath The problem is still there... I can not change the avatar...
Message 4 of 10 (1,221 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I think i solved the problem and made a post about it here (https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Can-not-change-Origin-Avatar-Possibly-Solved/m-p/9439...)

Basically you have to change the language of the webpage to english to get it to work. I hope this help EA with identifying the problem!

I'll tag everyone, because I do not know how notifications work here.

@EA_Cath @CT-15907-Ayber @Xanthor1009 @SkitariiRanger13 

Best regards

ColonelMadao

Message 5 of 10 (1,183 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow... It actually worked. Thanks a lot!

Message 6 of 10 (1,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@EA_CathAny update on this I am still unable to change my avatar on my ea account. Month later and i have tried different browsers, with extensions, without extensions, even hijacked the pc and internet of my neighbour (he is old) to see if it was on my end, re installed my own PC pure for this, silly as i am. Still unable to change it, even changing language is problem, it says english but it shows dutch (im dutch so that is original setting, but after changing to english it still shows in dutch), so the tip suggested is not working for me.

I get as far as I can pick image from my PC< clicking the other tab does not respond, i click my image from PC, and then it goes back to upload your image page and is frozen, nothing responds anymore, have to refresh the page in order to have control again.

Really would love as do many others see a normal solution instead of us looking for workarounds.

Ok managed to use this https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Can-not-change-Origin-Avatar-Possibly-Solved/m-p/9465... as solution from ColonelMadao

In the adressbar where the url shows in my browser i had to change the end of it which shows language manually from nl_NL to us_US, then I was able to fix the unable to change avatar.

Message 7 of 10 (1,058 Views)

★ Novice

Worked for me thanks! :D

Message 8 of 10 (929 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay well the issue is still present NINE MONTHS LATER - I am having the exact issue described by OP. Maybe try getting on actually fixing this? How hard can uploading a tiny image be???

Message 9 of 10 (766 Views)

★★ Novice
@PuppyTasja danggg, i tried the URL changing and it didn't work for me :/ cmon EA
Message 10 of 10 (743 Views)