I can't remember my email or password

by kieran813

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't remember my email or password

★ Novice

I have an old EA account which has my xbox profile linked to it and I can't get it moved over because I can't remember any of the details needed for customer support to verify that the old account is mine.  Is there anything I can do short of making a new xbox live profile?

Message 1 of 4 (405 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't remember my email or password

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@kieran813 Hi,

If you contact an EA Advisor listing your Gamertag, they should be able to look it up for you.

You will have to proof that you were the original account owner though, so be prepared to answer a couple of questions.

Other then that, the only other option would be selecting 'forgot my password' on the login mask, and typing in a few of your old email addresses. It is likely that you had used one of them back then to create the account. The password reset email sent to the account should then let you recover the login to that account.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (360 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@kieran813 Hi there,

You could attempt to get in touch with Xbox Support to see whether they can assist you in regaining full access to the Xbox profile so that you can then later also verify the information with an EA Advisor and regain access to your EA account.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 4 (365 Views)

★ Novice

I have access to my Xbox profile it's just that I can't unlink it without having access to the old EA account.  Is it possible for you to find the EA account if you just have the gamertag of the Xbox profile connected to it?

Message 3 of 4 (353 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@kieran813 Hi,

If you contact an EA Advisor listing your Gamertag, they should be able to look it up for you.

You will have to proof that you were the original account owner though, so be prepared to answer a couple of questions.

Other then that, the only other option would be selecting 'forgot my password' on the login mask, and typing in a few of your old email addresses. It is likely that you had used one of them back then to create the account. The password reset email sent to the account should then let you recover the login to that account.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 4 (361 Views)