Re: I can't play sims 4

by EA_Darko

Original Post

I can't play sims 4

★★★★★ Newbie

Even though I've downloaded the game it won't let me play. It won't let me sign into origin either. I can easily sign into my EA account but when it comes to origin it won't work. It keeps showing the following message: 

"Sign in failure 

Sign in is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

For the past 24 hours, it has been showing this message. I can't sign in on my iMac but when I signed in on the Windows computer it worked just fine. Going back to the problem of not letting me play the game, on both the Windows and the iMac they both say the same error message.

"TS4_x64.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I want to be able to play the game since I've seen so many gameplays on it and have been wanting to play this myself. It disappoints me greatly to see that my game won't work. 

Message 1 of 2 (211 Views)

Re: I can't play sims 4

Community Manager

For the issue with signing in @Destinyaqua2005 would you mind taking a look at this link and going through the troubleshooting steps listed: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Complete-Support-Origin-Connection-Issues/td-p/5019298

They should get you sorted as generally the issue is related to something on your system blocking Origin.

As for the error that you are seeing, this is eerror is a generic windows error message.  Can you run check disk from a command line to look for and fix errors using the steps below: 

1. Boot your computer.
  2. Go to Start.
  3. Click Run.
  4. Type cmd in the box.
  5. Press Enter.
  6. You can now type chkdsk to open the utility in a read-only mode.
  7. Press Enter.
  8. To repair errors, follow these instructions:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (179 Views)