Re: I can't log out of Origin!

by ujineekim

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't log out of Origin!

★★★ Novice

I can't log out of Origin.  The error message is I have to close my game and try again.  I am not playing any games to close.  I can't log out.  Any solutions?

Message 1 of 4 (4,044 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@ujineekim Hi,

Can you try to open the Windows task manager (by default: Hold Ctrl+Shift+Escape) to see whether any tasks related to your games may still be stuck running in the background? If so try, closing these first and then try closing Origin again.

If that doesn't work, you cancel the Origin.exe task from the task manager, that should at least let you close the application.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (4,500 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@ujineekim Hi,

Can you try to open the Windows task manager (by default: Hold Ctrl+Shift+Escape) to see whether any tasks related to your games may still be stuck running in the background? If so try, closing these first and then try closing Origin again.

If that doesn't work, you cancel the Origin.exe task from the task manager, that should at least let you close the application.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 4 (4,501 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the speedy response!  I'm impressed!  Your suggestion worked!  Thank you!!!!!!

Message 3 of 4 (4,025 Views)

Community Manager

No worries, thanks for letting me know that this worked in resolving the issue for you!

Best,

Nils

Message 4 of 4 (4,018 Views)