Re: I can't download The Sims 4 Get together

by Thurze

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't download The Sims 4 Get together

★ Novice

So first when I tried to install it, I was told that I need to update The Sims 4. But I couldn't. It was "queued". So after I uninstalled The Sims 4 and even Origin, I downloaded Origin again, but I couldn't download The Sims 4 beacuse of the same thing - it was queued. After an hour of searching for some answers I was able to download the Sims 4 but it took TWO hours. I tried to stay patient but after I wanted to download Get together and they told me it wasn't succesfull and I needed to download The Sims 4 AGAIN, I was done. I spent the whole evening trying to play with new EP but instead it was a complete waste of time. I have all expansions for The Sims 3 and there was never a single problem, it always downloaded in 15 minutes. This whole Origin thing is really dumb, pointless and WAY too complicated. I will never buy an expansion or anything else for The Sims 4 ever again, thank you very much for wasting my money and ruining my mood. Did this happen to anyone else?

Message 1 of 4 (554 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey @Nellydoggy!

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues. A solution that has worked for many others with downloads being queued is deleting origin cache files. Some have also reported that during one of the Origin updates, the file location for installation files got changed. Go to Origin > Application Settings > Advanced and see if it's still on the default location.

I will also link you to some general solutions that I found here.

General Download issues

Please refer to this article for Origin and Connection issues: Origin Errors and Connection Issues FAQ

The most common Download issues are as following.

Download doesn't start 

Download is really slow despite of fast Internet connection 

This is usually the case if there's lots of people downloading at the same time. You can try pausing the download and resuming to see if it picks up in speed.

Download reverts to lower percentage

Try turning on Safe Downloading in your Origin Options (click on the spoiler below to view an exemplary screenshot).

Spoiler
SafeModeDownloading.jpg

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (550 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Nellydoggy Are you still having issues downloading Get Together?

Message 2 of 4 (527 Views)

★ Novice
No, luckily I'm not. I figured it out somehow. Then I played the game only two times and a new problem has occured - there's a new update for The Sims 4 but it's queued again. I don't think I will try restarting or reinstalling everything again, it's not worth it. I'll just stick to The Sims 3 until it's solved. @Thurze
Message 3 of 4 (510 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey @Nellydoggy!

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues. A solution that has worked for many others with downloads being queued is deleting origin cache files. Some have also reported that during one of the Origin updates, the file location for installation files got changed. Go to Origin > Application Settings > Advanced and see if it's still on the default location.

I will also link you to some general solutions that I found here.

General Download issues

Please refer to this article for Origin and Connection issues: Origin Errors and Connection Issues FAQ

The most common Download issues are as following.

Download doesn't start 

Download is really slow despite of fast Internet connection 

This is usually the case if there's lots of people downloading at the same time. You can try pausing the download and resuming to see if it picks up in speed.

Download reverts to lower percentage

Try turning on Safe Downloading in your Origin Options (click on the spoiler below to view an exemplary screenshot).

Spoiler
SafeModeDownloading.jpg

Message 4 of 4 (551 Views)