Re: I can't create an origin account

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't create an origin account

★★★ Newbie

So, I'm actually asking for a friend, since he can't log on and ask for himself... since he doesn't have an account. We are from the US. We live in Korea. So when he tries to create an account, it automatically defaults the country to Korea. He can't use the Korean version because 1) we don't know korean and 2) it asks for a form of verification that only Koreans have. 

- He can't change it to United States because it's locked on Korea

- He can't use a VPN to create the account because the register box gives an error that says "We're sorry, we're having technical difficulties right now."

I either need to know how to change the register country, or how to create an account while using VPN.

Message 1 of 2 (1,122 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Fettzz when opening Origin on the website you will see a popup asking you what language and country you would like to use. If you have your friend select the US or UK and then create an account he should be able to get it installed.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,101 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Fettzz when opening Origin on the website you will see a popup asking you what language and country you would like to use. If you have your friend select the US or UK and then create an account he should be able to get it installed.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (1,102 Views)