I can't access email that my EA account is linked to and i'm unable to change it

by armaan04658

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't access email that my EA account is linked to and i'm unable to change it

★★ Novice

The email that is associated with my EA account is hacked but I can still log into my EA account. I tried to change the email address but I have to verift my original email address (Login Verifiation) by entering in a security code sent to that email address. However I cannot acccess that email as it is hacked so I can't verify and therefore cannot change the email. I want to sign up to community playtesting but any offers will be sent to that email which I cannot access. How can i change my email address?

I tried to use contact us and it tells me to select product or service so i picked origin and then it tells me to pick platform on which I play but it only gives the option of PC or Mac but i play on PS4. Can someone help me contact an advisor or tell me how i change my email address in the circumstances i am in step by step?

Message 1 of 6 (588 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't access email that my EA account is linked to and i'm unable to chang

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @armaan04658.

Can you ensure that you are following these steps exactly when trying to contact support:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

If it does not work then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also. The UK support number is  +44 203 0141818  and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (530 Views)

All Replies

Re: I can't access email that my EA account is linked to and i'm unable to chang

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @armaan04658 

If you have problem with your account (as email change problem), contact EA assistance they can help you in live.

https://help.ea.com/en/

I warn you that there is a lot of waiting right now and they are working on it.

Good luck!

If we have answer to your question please accept solution, if you like a post please granted xp Standard smile.

Message 2 of 6 (580 Views)

★★ Novice
  1. How do I contact EA assistance? I went on the site, pressed manage my account, then pressed identity management, none of those helped me so i went on contact us to make a case. And it told me to pick a product or service and i chose origin and then it told me to pick a platform PC or Mac but i play on ps4 and this is a problem i mentioned in my question regarding contact us.
Message 3 of 6 (566 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @armaan04658.

Can you ensure that you are following these steps exactly when trying to contact support:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

If it does not work then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also. The UK support number is  +44 203 0141818  and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (531 Views)

★★ Novice
As stated in my question, I can still log into my account but I cannot change the email address. I contacted EA like you said but since I can still log in they ended the chat. My issue is that I'm unable to change the email on my account as I haven't verified the original email but I can't verify it as it is hacked and therefore I don't have access to the security code.
Message 5 of 6 (495 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @armaan04658 we are unable to assist with any account-based issues on AHQ. The best thing to do is speak with one of our live support agents by using the steps I posted above.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (484 Views)