Re: I bought a game and played it but now there's no record of me having it.

by EA_David

Original Post

I bought a game and played it but now there's no record of me having it.

★★★ Newbie

In October I bought Sims 4 and played it for monthes, then I did't play for a week or two and now there's no record of it on my origin account under my games or my order history. I bought the game through a PC download so I don't have the promo code, can someone please explian to me what's going on.

Message 1 of 10 (520 Views)

EA Staff

I don't see any games ever having been linked to the account you used to log in to this site. Please double check your log in details to ensure that you are logging in with the correct account.

Message 2 of 10 (503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm actually having the same problem. I used to play a lot of Sims last year, but I had to remove it from my Laptop for more space. I recently just got my Laptop repaired and was looking forward to reinstalling and buying some more expansions, yet when I download Origins back onto my computer and signed in, there is nothing to show that I purchased anything.

Message 3 of 10 (494 Views)

Community Manager

Again, this sounds like an account mixup. Try searching the history/archives for your email addresses for references to Origin purchases, this may be the easiest way to find the relevent account. 

If you still have no luck, you can contact support using the steps here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center/

They should be able to assist you with getting everything straightened out. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 10 (486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that link to "support doesnt work. i have had the sims 4 for a long time. just played it less than a week ago and try to play it last night and origin updates and then tells me i need a promo code to play the sims 4. 

Message 5 of 10 (476 Views)

EA Staff

@kitxxcat I do believe that this is still a case of 2 different Origin accounts, but please follow the steps below to contact an Advisor who should be able to help you find the correct account: 

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3. Find the affected game (if it's an account issue select Origin)
4. Select 'Next' at the bottom right
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' again
6. Select topic from the drop down and type in a short description of your issue.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Message 6 of 10 (464 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive only ever had one account. this is bull

Message 7 of 10 (461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i got a full game download for free from my work(gamestop) and i registered it to my origin account that i am signed in to now and its just not there anymore.

Message 8 of 10 (454 Views)

★★★ Newbie

HOW IS IT THAT SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING THIS SAME PROBLEM BUT NOBODY CAN HELP US?? 

Message 9 of 10 (436 Views)

Community Manager

@kitxxcat It's generally not "the same problem", but different issues that appear to be the same. Your posting account gives no indication of having The Sims 4 on it at any point, which is why Kristi jumped to the -extremely common- possibility of an account mixup. 

Past this, you need to contact support. They can investigate the "promo code" and take the appropriate action. 

If the posted steps aren't working, please try a diffferent browser. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 10 (423 Views)