I am unable to launch Origin

by arielerika

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I am unable to launch Origin

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hello EA,

I would like to ask for your help because I have a problem regarding Origin application.I was unable to launch the application since when I tried to it crashed and stopped working so I uninstalled Origin and reinstalled it back again but when the installation was almost done and Origin was updating an  error message appeared saying "UpdateTool.exe is corrupted" so the update cannot be completed and the application does not  launch.Even though,I have tried to uninstall the whole application from my PC and then install it back again the same problem remains!

Please help me! What should I do to solve this problem?

Message 1 of 5 (1,502 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I am unable to launch Origin

★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I would like to thank you for your interest and your fast respond.

I found a solution on my problem by fully uninstalling Origin from my computer manually and the re-install it back.

I followed the instructions that Origin provided  at "Uninstall Origin manually"  and the problem seems to be solved.

Thank you for your interest once again!

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,610 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @arielerika

Clear Origin cache and for this you get a perfectly detailed post from @EA_Nils >>http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/my-origin-will-not-update-my-sims-4/m-p/4721983#M163410

Restart your machine .

Then you need to perform a Clean Boot : http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/ 

Now run the setup file Origin with Admin rights  http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#2 

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 5 (1,490 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you so much for your fast respond.Unfortunately, none of the steps above seems to solve my problem.

I tried them step by step but the same problems occures.

After I do the steps above and I am close to finish Origin's installation  a message pops up.The "UpdateTool.exe" is asking for my permission that I can give by clicking yes as an adminastrator.I do that but a Error message appears. "UpdateTool.exe-Corrupte file"

The file "E:Secure" is corrupted and it cannot be read.Run the program Chkdsk.

Then another error message pops up.

"Error Installation Origin" -" Something went wrong during the installation.Please reinstall Origin" and even when I do teh same message pops us again.

What is the issue above and why is this happening?Have you ever faced a similar issue?

Thanks again for your interest!

Message 3 of 5 (1,473 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I would like to thank you for your interest and your fast respond.

I found a solution on my problem by fully uninstalling Origin from my computer manually and the re-install it back.

I followed the instructions that Origin provided  at "Uninstall Origin manually"  and the problem seems to be solved.

Thank you for your interest once again!

Message 4 of 5 (1,611 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

We're welcome Standard smile @arielerika I'm glad you've solved the issue and that we've left on us to find out how.Wink

Retired champion.
Message 5 of 5 (1,437 Views)