Re: I am permanently locked out of my EA account.

by sushi_noir1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I am permanently locked out of my EA account.

★★★ Newbie

So, due to a change in something EA did in 2020, i can no longer play ANY of my EA games that require online access all because i guess I don't log in enough. So when it gave me the heads up that my account couldn't access SWBF2 multiplayer i tried to log in by using the "sign in via Xbox" option on the website. to which i was told i would have to reset the password. Well the problem with that is I set up the account and linked it back in 2009 when i was still using AOL, that i haven't logged into since about 2016. So now i have no way of resetting the password. have tried MULTIPLE times to do account recovery but apparently the DOB is incorrect. ive spent COUNTLESS hours on the phone with EA support who basically told me to kick rocks and just make a new gamertag. Tried to contact Microsoft, they genuinely sounded like they wanted to help, even told me they get hundreds of these calls a day, but because EA is so unwilling to allow Microsoft to remove EA accounts from gamertags they unfortunately cannot assist me. I asked if calling EA and having a 3way call would help to prove I'm the Gamertag account owner would help, and the gentleman i had stated he tried that before and the EA reps told him they don't want to cooperate and i just need to continue to do account recovery. So 13 years of having an account with EA linked to my Gamertag and all I'm told i can do is continue trying to access the AOL email, or make a new Gamertag just to play a few games i want to play. This is highly unacceptable EA and you guys need to fix this issue. Hell I can tell you the original address i was at when I linked the accounts. I can list ALL the EA games ive played on the account and purchased.

Message 1 of 8 (1,124 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @tagereaviand,

I'm afraid we're unable to assist with account recovery on the forums. 

If you no longer have access to the registered email for an account, we will need to verify some other information about the account before any changes can be made just to ensure we're only making those changes at the request of the original account owner.

You're welcome to reach back out to support to give the account recovery process another try. If the information being provided does not match what's registered on the account we wouldn't be able to make changes and the only other option at that point would sadly be to use a new account as you've mentioned.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,107 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @tagereaviand,

I'm afraid we're unable to assist with account recovery on the forums. 

If you no longer have access to the registered email for an account, we will need to verify some other information about the account before any changes can be made just to ensure we're only making those changes at the request of the original account owner.

You're welcome to reach back out to support to give the account recovery process another try. If the information being provided does not match what's registered on the account we wouldn't be able to make changes and the only other option at that point would sadly be to use a new account as you've mentioned.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,108 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am in the same boat along with many other players. There really needs to be a way to detach an account and attach a new one from our consoles. The only option I have found is to log in using other members accounts. My online community has a separate PlayStation account that we all share to play ea games. It is not ideal but it works for us. It does end up being cheaper since only one person needs to purchase the game and we all have access to it. No other game company is set up this way and all it does is force players to share another player’s  copy of the game and decrease sales. I also open a new chat 1 to 2 times per week. I have spoken with over 30 advisors now. They give me the same answer each time but if this issue is ever going to be resolved it needs to be pointed out to as many advisors as possible by as many players as possible until the company realizes how big of an issue it is. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Message 3 of 8 (1,100 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i can literally verify everything but the date of birth on the account because it was like 2009 and i was setting it up in a hurry. this is utter ridiculousness. i can verify purchases linked to it through Microsoft. i can verify my IP address. even providing a picture of my license doesnt work. all because the date of birth is wrong. how hard would it be when an account reaches a status like this would it be to just auto unlink them as a precaution to be able to further assist your customers?

Message 4 of 8 (1,027 Views)

★ Apprentice

I agree. I am sorry you are now in the same boat as me and many others. Ea really needs to come up with a solution for this. It is costing them a lot of potential profits. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,003 Views)

★ Apprentice

It really does go against right to be forgotten laws.

Message 6 of 8 (959 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yep. EA forced a password reset on my first ps5 ea purchase. To a juno account I haven't had access to in probably 20 years. Basically bricking my entire ea catalog connected to my psn account. I would happily eat the lost points/progress and connect my new ea account so I could continue to purchase and play their games. Alas they won't, so I'm sol apperently. Only workaround from the consumer end I can figure, is to not purchase or play ea content in the future and try to get a refund from Sony on madden 23 at least.

Message 7 of 8 (672 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @arioi49pfnks,

This thread is a bit older so I'll be locking it here to avoid necroposting as this is not a situation that can be addressed via the forums. 

It sounds like you've spoken with support at least once already, however if they were unable to verify enough information to get the account updated, we would be unable to change that here either I'm afraid.

Otherwise you're welcome to reach back out to support and try going through the account recovery process again to see what other options they may be able to offer.

Mako.png
Message 8 of 8 (662 Views)