I Paid for a Game and They Took it Back

by taayyy_6

Original Post

I Paid for a Game and They Took it Back

★★ Newbie

Origin has always given me issues, but this is the most aggravating.

I own the disk version of Sims 3, Sims 3 Nightlife, Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff. I paid for the download version of Sims 3 Pets. 

All of those were installed and played for a few times. One day a few weeks ago I logged onto Origin and all of my games were gone. I have tried contacting Origin Help, but nothing has been working. I have not been able to get into contact with anyone. I got my Sims 3 original game back onto Origin and somehow the High End Loft Stuff was added back as well. My Sims 3 Nightlife cannot be downloaded again (even though I own the disk version) for some reason that is beyond me. The Sims 3 Pets has not been added back onto my game library, and my order history for the game is nowhere to be found. 

The most confusing part is that I can still play with the family that i created using Sims 3 Pets, but I cannot create anymore families with pets. Obviously I have downloaded and played the game, otherwise my family with pets would be non-existent.

I just want to know how to contact someone in order for me to get somewhere with my problem, either get my money back or get the game back in my library. Suggestions?

Message 1 of 2 (102 Views)

Re: I Paid for a Game and They Took it Back

★★★ Expert

With the Sims 3, it was possible to have the base game and expansions registered to different accounts and, they would all still work. Make sure you are logged in to the account the game or expansion you are looking for is registered to.

Make sure you have the FILTERS at the top right of the Game Library window set to show all games, not just installed games.

If your expansions still cannot be found, even by clicking on the base game and then on Extra Content, Clear your Origin Cache Files.

If that does not work, or if the base game and expansion are on different accounts and you need them on one account, You will need to Contact An Advisor.

Read that over, gather the information the Advisor might ask for, then reach out to an advisor for assistance.

Message 2 of 2 (96 Views)