Re: I CAN'T PLAY MY SIMS 4 ANYMORE AFTER UPDATING ORIGIN

by virgosetiadi9

Original Post

I CAN'T PLAY MY SIMS 4 ANYMORE AFTER UPDATING ORIGIN

★ Novice

It's been quite some time since I played sims 4 again. And today I decided to play, so I clicked on origin and it says it's updating, so I thought it was okay. After updating, it told me to sign in and I did. And then it told me to activate my game using a product code so I put mine in (I bought the DVD and it's completely legit) and then it says that it has been used and I know that because I used it when I first installed my Sims 4. And now I can't play it Frown HELP!

Message 1 of 6 (829 Views)

★★★ Guide

Try this fix

For game purchased with a physical disc:
-Open My Computer and go into Local Disk (C: )
-Go into Program Files. If there are two folders labeled Program Files, go into the one that says Program Files (x86). Mine said x86, yours could have a different number because it is just the number of files.
-Go into the Electronic Arts folder
-Go into the file labeled Game
-Go into the Bin file
-Inside the Bin file, you will see TS4.exe. Click on that and drag it to your desktop to move it temporarily to your desktop.
-Open Origin and go to your games so you can see The Sims 4 cover. It should no longer be grayed out and it will have an option to Install. Click that.
-Wait until the bar at the bottom of Origin says the install is complete. If you look at the game it will still say Install as an option but that's ok. Now you can minimize Origin
- Drag TS4.exe from your desktop back into that Bin folder that you took it out of.
-Check Origin again. It should be fixed!

For the downloaded version, you follow the same steps except that you will find the TS4.exe that you need to temporarily move to the desktop under Origin, then Games.

Message 2 of 6 (800 Views)

★ Novice
I tried what you said but I can't find an Electronic Arts folder in my Program Files (x86) 😭
Message 3 of 6 (740 Views)

★ Novice
I actually found the TS4.exe already and moved it to my desktop. I opened origin to see if sims 4 is in my games, but it wasn't on there. What can I do next?
Message 4 of 6 (730 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did not work at all still not loading

Message 5 of 6 (722 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is in Orgin Games button

Message 6 of 6 (720 Views)