Re: How to set schedule a call or live chat when email is my only given option?

by robdefalco

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to set schedule a call or live chat when email is my only given option?

★ Novice

While opening a new case for my issue, I was only given email as a contact option. This is not optimal but fine, I opened a new case using email support.

My main problem comes with the response EA sent me. I got the email and part of it reads:

Because your issue is related specifically to account management, we need to verify your account with you.
Set up a call or a chat with us.
To verify your account we need you to please go to http://help.ea.com/contact-us/ and schedule a phone call or chat with one of our advisors.

The problem is that link simply leads me back to create a new case. Doing this once again leads me to a final screen that only has email as a "recommended" support option and no option to live chat or receive a phone call. I am told to set up chat or a phone call but the website gives me no chance to do such a thing. I live in the US and should have no issues with doing either. What exactly am I supposed to do from this point?

The attached picture shows what happens when I create a new case, and only has email as a support option.

Message 1 of 7 (1,562 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hey, @2wenty4our

If you want to speak to advisers on Phone or Live Chat, you could choose other topic and then ask advisor if he can help or redirect you to someone who can.

Also, I can see that you want to talk about banned or suspended account. If EA's Terms of Service team taken action on your account (banned you, wiped your UT coins, etc), then you should speak with them using following steps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (1,547 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
I am having this exact problem too. I would really love to be able to play sw battlefront 2 online, seeing as I paid for it!
Message 2 of 7 (1,536 Views)

Hey, @2wenty4our

If you want to speak to advisers on Phone or Live Chat, you could choose other topic and then ask advisor if he can help or redirect you to someone who can.

Also, I can see that you want to talk about banned or suspended account. If EA's Terms of Service team taken action on your account (banned you, wiped your UT coins, etc), then you should speak with them using following steps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/
Message 3 of 7 (1,548 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too. just got Madden and cant play online.   I no longer have access to the email account that ea has.  It is not taking my password.  several cases later each person gives me the  web form url and there is no opwion for a web form it just takes me to case information    not option for call back anymore  or email or chat

Message 4 of 7 (1,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has anyone left their number for a call appointment in a claim?

Message 5 of 7 (1,165 Views)

★ Apprentice
@USNbailey I have and I’m from the Uk won’t let me call or receive a call from UK only if I put usa 🇺🇸
Message 6 of 7 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @robdefalco,

This is an older thread. We ask members to aim not to necro older threads and to try to join a current one/start their own one where possible. Standard smile I can see you've started one >> here << so I'll lock this out in the meantime to limit further necroing.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 7 (733 Views)