Re: How to set max download speed in ORIGIN.

by AlarmedKat

Original Post

How to set max download speed in ORIGIN.

★★★ Newbie

Where is the option to limit download speed in ORIGIN?

Message 1 of 10 (48,508 Views)

★ Guide

Hey...

From what I see...Origin doesn’t have this option yet... but.. a solution!

This is the program I use to control network speeds for all my applications… you can get capped internet really fast in Australia… L

NetBalancer

https://seriousbit.com/netbalancer/

NetBalancer is an internet traffic tool that’s been designed to give full control over the priorities of the applications and processes running on your computer. You can use NetBalancer to set a download or upload transfer rate priority for any application and also monitor its internet traffic.

There are a couple of ways in which you can limit the traffic that each application uses. One is to do what most download managers and torrent clients do which is set a specific number for the download or upload rates. While this method works, it isn’t dynamic because if you set the download rate on your browser to 100 KB/s while gaming, when you finish gaming more bandwidth will be free but the download will still be 100 KB/s unless you manually change it. NetBalancer has another more efficient way of limiting the traffic by setting priorities for your applications. This means that programs with the highest priority have first option on the bandwidth, but if they don’t need it, those with a lower priority can use it when available.

After setting your required priorities and limits, you can see what is going on with the help of several useful features. NetBalancer can show all system processes with their in and out traffic speed, total downloaded and uploaded traffic for any process, a live traffic chart and information on all process active connections. Rules can also be created where you can configure the limits for specific times or date ranges and there’s also a separate live traffic window/tray icon.

The free version of NetBalancer is limited to 3 process priorities/limits at a time and 3 different rules can be configured which should be adequate for average use. If you want to go over that limit, you will need to register the full version at a price of $29.95….

It’s all about the money in the end….

Anywho… if this assisted you in anyway let me know Standard smile

Message 2 of 10 (48,424 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Steam has this feature, uplay too. origin = trash

Message 3 of 10 (45,296 Views)

★★★ Novice

Its just sad that Origin is such an *. But yay, EA behind. So what can we await by them Teeth bared

Really, just implement this * feature. It isn´t that difficult!!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 10 (44,802 Views)

★★★★ Novice

WHY IS THIS NOT EVEN A THING YET?!

IT'S ALREADY 2016 FOR F's SAKE!

Message 5 of 10 (28,303 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Come on man, they STILL haven't added this yet?

Message 6 of 10 (25,951 Views)

★★ Novice

really cmon.... like dont they just look at steam and add those features in, dont have broadcasting either only twitch stuff.... if it wasnt for dice i would of left ea ages ago 

Message 7 of 10 (25,017 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Pretty sad to see this isnt a feature in Origin yet living in 2016, the heck almost 2017! Doesnt matter how good your internet is, it drains everything! Im downloading at 11Mb/s for 1 hour, where 5 or 6Mb/s would have been fine. Now i can't even use the internet anymore because webpages load extremely slow and the radio stream im listening to is constantly cutting off... very annoying! Common EA just FIX this already!

Message 8 of 10 (19,293 Views)

★ Novice

Seriously. Wtf is this BS?

Message 9 of 10 (18,459 Views)

EA DICE Team

We have a main thread about this subject:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-do-I-set-maximum-download-speed-in-origin/td-p/1444230

Due to the profanity in this thread, I will close it.

Message 10 of 10 (17,753 Views)