Re: How to remove games from Origin's Cart???

by DAW085

Original Post

How to remove games from Origin's Cart???

★★ Novice

there's no shopping cart and I want to buy ME2 and ME3 DLC one time each, thank you..
How am I supposed to that without getting charged many times?
Is there anyway to remove games from cart? I am pretty sure I added more than 1 time dlc to the cart..

Thanks for helping.

Message 1 of 7 (1,337 Views)

★ Guide

You got a cart? Not even the EA-Agents could get a cart running for me. In fact, one gave up and dropped my ticket when I wouldn't accept EA-Access, or whatever the monthly rental plan is called.

The second dude said no dice, but gave me discount codes for the DLC. One of the official EA responses is that you should just buy trilogy, then buy the DLC in-game, but what I ended up doing was 3 transactions - The Trilogy, the ME2 DLC Bundle, and the ME3 DLC Bundle. This triggered a warning on Origin AND a call from my bank asking if the charges were legitimate.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but they should seriously just have one trilogy purchase that includes everything, instead of chopping it up to get more money.

The crazy thing is the regular price if you buy all three is supposed to be around $84.97  That's a CVS level RIPOFF.

Message 2 of 7 (1,326 Views)

★★ Novice

Then in that case, Should I just buy the dlc? If there's no cart that means there aren't any games in the cart, meaning I only pay for 1 item per purchase, correct?

Message 3 of 7 (1,316 Views)

★ Guide

That's how it worked for me, but if you have a cart, make sure you are only paying for one copy of each. You might consider contacting support to try and get a discount for the hassle, but your bank probably won't be available by phone.

I really wish we had a Summon EA Manager button here, I honestly think this could be IMMENSELY less complicated than it is.

Over in general questions, you can see that the lack of a cart is by design. Which is stupid, and if they aren't sacked already, the people who came up with that bright idea should be sacked.

Do you already have the trilogy? Or are you trying to buy all three "packs"?

Message 4 of 7 (1,311 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah it's incredibly absurd that there's no shopping cart in ORIGIN.

No, I've had the trilogy with all its dlcs back on PS3 and I've been yearning to play on PC now with higher resolution and framerate.
Currently I have Mass Effect 1 and 2 on Steam without DLC and Mass Effect 3 on Origin without DLC except for the multiplayer ones.

So you think I should just buy the DLC? I'm afraid of being charged more than once..

Message 5 of 7 (1,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I just posted what my solution was, I'm in the same boat. I never actually played 2 because of the DLC thing. I made the mistake of believing the Digital Deluxe tag meant it came with the DLC, then didn't want to pay the ten bucks for Kasumi, and I heard she's a fairly important character. (Sorry Zaeed)

I would have much preferred to buy ME3 and both DLC packs over on STEAM, but that's a wishes and horses game.

One thing suggested by a different user in a different thread was to buy the DLC through the IN-GAME Cerberus Network. As I've only really played ME1, I couldn't tell you how that works.

I DID NOT have Mass Effect 3, only game I had on Origin was Sims 3, and that's because when the EA download manager became Origin, it tied it to Origin. I just bought it in a physical store. I still have my pretty plumbob keychain with it's MASSIVE 2 GB flash drive. heh.

SO. If you buy the Trilogy, you get ME 1,2,3, and the DLC for ME 1, Bring Down the Sky, and the other one whose name I can't remember.

Then the ME2 DLC Bundle contains, shock and surprise, the DLC from Mass Effect 2.

After that, the Mass Effect 3 DLC Bundle contains, shock and surprise, the DLC from Mass Effect 3.

Does that clear it up? As there is no cart, you have to confirm each transaction manually, so just make sure you don't buy it twice. Once it's purchased, it shows up as "IN LIBRARY" in the store.

It really does suck, and I wish there was an official EA response on why it is so broken and stupid. It's almost 2019, There should be a fix for this by now, but they need to vomit out the yearly sports shovelware.

It's also telling that Andromeda gets top spot, and the Trilogy that carried that studio closing title is collapsed into "Other Mass Effect games"

Message 6 of 7 (1,183 Views)

★ Guide

Looks like my reply criticizing the sports division was removed, so I'll rephrase.

The DLC packs are individual purchases. Once you buy them, they will show up as "In Library" in Origin.

You can buy the mass effect games individually, I believe they are on sale in that way. I bought the trilogy, because like you, the first two games were purchased on STEAM, not Origin.

Then it's as simple as purchasing the two DLC bundles.

I still think the lack of a cart in origin is an extremely poor business decision, and wish EA would explain their reasoning, rather than let forum staff guess.

Message 7 of 7 (1,208 Views)