How to load save from hdd?

by Dragon124

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to load save from hdd?

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

How can i force Origin to read my save files from my hard drive instead of cloud ?

Because i started new game by accident, and i want to load my previous save.

Message 1 of 8 (1,109 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to load save from hdd?

EA DICE Team

@Dragon124

Glad to hear that your friends was able to give you new save games. My last suggestion is to check the Cloud Storage tab in Origin to see if you are able to restore to any previous save files?.

For future reference: make sure that you don't overwrite local data with cloud data and vice versa, if one of them is empty.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,040 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@Dragon124

Hi,

If you right-click your game from within Origin and select Game Details - Cloud Storage then you can turn it off for the game. This should allow you to use your local save data.

Note that if you choose to overwrite your local data with data from the cloud that it might no longer be available.

Message 2 of 8 (1,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah i did turn it off and still the same, i even found option to restore save files from my hdd but nothing changes Frown

Message 3 of 8 (1,099 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Dragon124

Which game is this related to? And have you checked if there are actual save game files on your HDD? These files are usually found in the C:\Documents folder.

Message 4 of 8 (1,094 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

Yeah i have checked and there are save files as u can see on the screen : https://scr.hu/RJPZlV.

Message 5 of 8 (1,089 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Dragon124

Those are files for your profile and settings, but not the actual save game files. If there are not other files available then it you have to refer to your Cloud Storage.

Message 6 of 8 (1,067 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I got saves from a friend i copy paste it and they are working normally ... so what happened to me when i started a new game was that cloud saves got reseted same as local files ... seriously ... i don't understand why this game doesnt have normal option inside game to choose which save file i want to load ... really current solution with saves is terrible :/

Message 7 of 8 (1,060 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Dragon124

Glad to hear that your friends was able to give you new save games. My last suggestion is to check the Cloud Storage tab in Origin to see if you are able to restore to any previous save files?.

For future reference: make sure that you don't overwrite local data with cloud data and vice versa, if one of them is empty.

Message 8 of 8 (1,041 Views)