Re: How to install my CD copy of Sims 3 Late Night on a computer without a CD Dr

by Gwyndolium

Original Post

How to install my CD copy of Sims 3 Late Night on a computer without a CD Drive?

★★★ Newbie

I bought this old copy of Sims 3 Late Night from a discount book store a few days ago. I was pretty excited over how cheap it was, but when I got home I realized I didn't have a place to put the disk on my laptop.

When I got home, I tried redeeming the code on Origin (which I had no idea existed before this experience and had to download), but it said the code had already been used, but that made sense. 

So for the past few days I've been frantically Googling ways to get it on my PC. Yesterday, I installed Origin, then the Sims 3, then Late Night on my sister's computer so that it could maybe show up on Origin and I could download that onto my computer. But it doesn't show on Origin. (And even if it did work, I would still have a problem, since I have the Steam version on my computer with hundreds of hours of play on it. I started Googling ways to transfer save files for this issue, but no luck, so I may need help on that, too.) I even loaded up the game and created a new world in Bridgeport on her computer. 

I've also looked into downloading Late Night on a thumb drive to transfer to my computer. but then I'd have to purchase a thumb drive as well. 

But I'd be happy with any way to get this expansion on my computer. It's not that I don't want my quarter to go to waste,I don't want to spend more money on the expansion, because I won't. If that makes any sense.

Message 1 of 3 (497 Views)

Re: How to install my CD copy of Sims 3 Late Night on a computer without a CD Dr

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The easiest solution is to either load it on to a USB or get an external drive to run the CD. As for your saves they are located in the Documents folder by default press windows key + S they type in Sims click the folder that comes up in search. For Mac OS open finder, then go to your Documents folder, then Electronic Arts, and then The Sims 3.

Message 2 of 3 (412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@SOURCid 

If you bought an already used code I'm afraid there will be no way to ever get it on Origin as.. well it's already been used. 

I'm not sure if it would work offline via installing but in general you'll probably want a legit code and enter it on Origin so it's locked onto your account. Have you tried putting your Late Night Steam key into Origin yet? Seems to work for some titles and is worth a shot. 

Message 3 of 3 (390 Views)