Re: How to connect my Steam account to my EA desktop app without using Origin?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to connect my Steam account to my EA desktop app without using Origin?

★★★ Novice

My friend is struggling with connecting his Steam account to EA desktop without having origin installed, as its much better and lighter than Origin,  for playing Battlefield that he's purchased in steam ; any solutions? 

another request to the developers: please get rid of Origin soon

Message 1 of 9 (6,632 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: How to connect my Steam account to my EA desktop app without using Orig

★ Pro
Hey @Arman5659,
i'll guess this is not possible since EA Desktop is still in Beta. You need to have an Origin account to connect it to Steam

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (6,605 Views)

All Replies

Betreff: How to connect my Steam account to my EA desktop app without using Orig

★ Pro
Hey @Arman5659,
i'll guess this is not possible since EA Desktop is still in Beta. You need to have an Origin account to connect it to Steam
Message 2 of 9 (6,606 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Arman5659 until such time as EA Desktop leaves beta then for certain games over Steam you will need to use your Origin account to play.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 9 (6,529 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Arman5659 it's May 2022 and we don't have any solution!
Battlefield 5 has a compatibility issue with Windows 11 in which it loses communication with the keyboard, which does not occur when using the EA APP application, I tested several keyboards and tested it on the BF2042 (the problem does not happen).
Message 4 of 9 (5,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me it does in BF2042 through origin

Message 5 of 9 (3,842 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just had one hell of a run around. Tried to play NFS Heat on Steam. It wanted me to update Origin. While going to download a newer version of Origin I seen it said the EA Desktop was the replacement and Origin was legacy. So I went with EA Desktop. Installing EA Desktop uninstalled Origin. Now going back to launch NFS Heat on Steam it asks me to install Origin.

I try not to mind different launchers as long as they don't do scummy things. (Like how Epic pays off third parties for exclusivity) However my experience trying to get Heat running is one of the examples why I like using Steam over other launchers. That and the better support for other controllers. So I could use my DualSense to play games without having to install and configure something like DS4Win separately.

At this point I would just rather play something else vs going through more hassle to get Origin set again.

Message 6 of 9 (3,711 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Looks like EA Desktop App is finally out of beta. So it should be possible to run Steam games. No?

Message 7 of 9 (3,394 Views)

★★ Guide
@AssassinXXVII_27 Nope it isn't, they still haven't added steam support :/
Message 8 of 9 (3,329 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Cant swap from EA accounts with steam, keeps logging in old one.

Message 9 of 9 (1,522 Views)