Re: How to change security question?

by RedFoxxie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to change security question?

★★★ Newbie

I want to change my username but i cant because i need to do a security question but i cant remember what it was.  What should i do?

Message 1 of 4 (1,031 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hey there @PigRiderTony

Since you can't get through your own security question, if you have no other ways of verification available, the best bet would be to contact an EA Advisor at the EA Support directly with your issue : https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

On that page, from the top right, first make sure to log in and then choose your region. Then you need to start filling in the Case Information. Choose 'Origin' as your "game or service" , and choose whether you're using PC or MAC. Now you can for example choose 'Manage my account' as your "Topic" and 'Manage account details" as your "Issue" . Choose whether you're using Origin 9 or 10, and then answer to the "What security settings are you trying to setup or change?" by either "Other" or "I want to change my security question" . Then answer to the "Have you previously tried to manage your account.." with "Yes, I am having an issue that is blocking me from changing my settings" . A blue button with 'Select contact option' should appear now. Click it.

Your region of choice can affect the support choices given to you. If you would like to get to a Live chat for example and your region doesn't support it, feel free to change the region. I like to use myself, for example, UK or US with my problems.

If the page or chat doesn't load properly, try out the following :

• Disable ad blockers
  • Disable pop-up blockers
  • Disable no-script
  • Allow cookies on EA Help
  • Press F5 to refresh the page
  • Clear the browser cache
  • Try another browser

And if you have any further questions contacting the support, please refer to this link : http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Good luck !

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,495 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hey there @PigRiderTony

Since you can't get through your own security question, if you have no other ways of verification available, the best bet would be to contact an EA Advisor at the EA Support directly with your issue : https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

On that page, from the top right, first make sure to log in and then choose your region. Then you need to start filling in the Case Information. Choose 'Origin' as your "game or service" , and choose whether you're using PC or MAC. Now you can for example choose 'Manage my account' as your "Topic" and 'Manage account details" as your "Issue" . Choose whether you're using Origin 9 or 10, and then answer to the "What security settings are you trying to setup or change?" by either "Other" or "I want to change my security question" . Then answer to the "Have you previously tried to manage your account.." with "Yes, I am having an issue that is blocking me from changing my settings" . A blue button with 'Select contact option' should appear now. Click it.

Your region of choice can affect the support choices given to you. If you would like to get to a Live chat for example and your region doesn't support it, feel free to change the region. I like to use myself, for example, UK or US with my problems.

If the page or chat doesn't load properly, try out the following :

• Disable ad blockers
  • Disable pop-up blockers
  • Disable no-script
  • Allow cookies on EA Help
  • Press F5 to refresh the page
  • Clear the browser cache
  • Try another browser

And if you have any further questions contacting the support, please refer to this link : http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Good luck !

Message 2 of 4 (1,496 Views)

★ Novice

Same Problem is happening to me IK my password just not this security question....The article EA wrote in troubleshooting it bypassed the biggest problem and thats what's halting me from editing the Question and Answer..... when i try to *click* [edit] the security question...It doesn't let me instead   it wants me to provide the answer to my previous security question--- SRSLY? 

I tried doing what the Fox suggested but it seems EA has their head up there A S S at the moment 

{This should be alot more simple and smooth leave it to EA to create annoying and time consuming Bull S H I T beyond there weak servers and skimp content games}

Message 3 of 4 (715 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MorbidMercenario

Yes the EA Help page had some serious issues a few hours ago. Just tried it seems to be working fine now!
If you don't get to the chat, choose "Can't log in" (even if you can) instead of Change security details, and it'll probably show up Standard smile

Like this: link to chat (?)

if you use the link above, please make sure to choose your region in the top corner. Set to the US for now.

Message 4 of 4 (704 Views)