Re: How to change date of birth (without having to call EA)?

by JaysenOracle

Original Post

How to change date of birth (without having to call EA)?

★★ Novice

I entered my date of birth in incrorrectly a few years ago when I made my account, and now I cannot change it. I cannot buy anything that is aged 15 or over.

What can I do?

How can I change my date of birth? T-Mobile is being a pain and so I can't call them on my mobile, and I don't have a landline.

Any thoughts?

I have spoken to a live chat person, and he just said to call them, which I cannot do.

Message 1 of 11 (35,608 Views)

★★★★ Expert

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/solve?product=Origin&category=Account%20Management&platform=PC&que...

CLICK on the Link for Guide to chang details

• Hope this helps
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 CHEERS 。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others &all . Click XP if someone helped! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin
    Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM
Message 2 of 11 (35,487 Views)

★★ Novice

This does not say how to change the DOB.

Message 3 of 11 (35,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately the only way to get it changed is to phone customer services, so apart from asking to use a friends or family members mobile or landline there is nothing else you can do. Frown

*Edit- Have you tried changing the DOB on the email address you use for your origin account?

Message 4 of 11 (35,483 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

You will need to contact Customer Support for Date of Birth changes on your Origin account. You should be able to do this via Live Chat as well as phone. You may need to provide ID to support the change, this is because of legal age limits on certain games. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 5 of 11 (35,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am trying to do the same exact thing as you, but i accidentally put my Date Of Birth as 2004 instead of 1999 (which is my real age) and i cant log in because i guess 2004 means i'm under 13 (which i'm not), so that means that my account became a "child" account, so i cant log in AT ALL, so i can't change my account! i had t create this account to ask this question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

_             _

\_ (:/)_ /

Message 6 of 11 (22,625 Views)

Community Manager

@Simmer381

The following link has information on how to change some of your Origin account details, including your date of birth:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-change-your-origin-id/

If required, click the following link to contact an Advisor: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

For help with contacting an Advisor, please see this link:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 7 of 11 (22,581 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So I have been trying to change my DOB on my EA Account because I put 2001 on my DOB and I didn't even put the right month or date I really need so help could someone please help me would greatly appreciate it
Message 8 of 11 (19,763 Views)

@OakBuzzard81455

All the guides possible necessary to resolve this are in the post directly above yours.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 9 of 11 (19,741 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried submitting a contact order via the help page because I need to fix my DOB. For some odd reason it is the completely wrong DOB, like not even close to my DOB.  I came to check my EA profile because my Apex won't load. Every time I use this help page it takes me to a page that says EA needs to contact me via phone, then it doesn't give me the option to select the phone contact option.  What is the customer service number? This is pissing me off.  EA's "Help" is no help at all.  I can't stand all this automated crap. Give me a person to talk to asap. 

Message 10 of 11 (13,510 Views)