How to access Origin under Users account

by heoway20

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to access Origin under Users account

★★★ Newbie

Hi EA,

How to access Origin under Users account, not Administrator account? I have installed Origin under Administrator then I logged out, used User account to access Origin but it could not work. Please refer to attached file for reference.

Message 1 of 6 (931 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to access Origin under Users account

★★ Guide
Just to make it clear, there are situations where you need administrative rights for Origin. If you want to run Origin in user windows account, you may need to right-click on the Origin Icon and select run as administrator.

Alternatively, you can right-click on the Origin's icon and choose Properties. Now, click the Advanced button under the Shortcut tab in the Properties window. Then check the “Run as administrator” box and click OK and OK again to close out of the Properties screen

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (853 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
Hi @heoway20

That blank screen usually gets filled by clearing the Origin cache. So try this:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
2. Hold down the Windows key and R
3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
4. Now open the Origin folder.
5 Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
6 Hold down the Windows key and R
7 Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
8 This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of App. Data. Delete the Origin folder
9 Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
10 Open the Local folder here
11 Delete the Origin folder listed here
12 Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Hope it works
Message 2 of 6 (892 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi @kabouki1965 

I followed your instructions but it could not work also. Do you have other solution?

When I logged through Administrator account, I could access Origin, but when I switched to User account, it could not work.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 6 (873 Views)

★★ Guide
Hi @heoway20

So you mean that when you start Origin by right-clicking the Origin icon and execute as an administrator, Origin launches normally. If you simply double click the Origin icon you get the screen you shared, right?

I am asking this because you are confusing me a little bit with the Administrator account and User account thing. Or are you talking about the windows user accounts?
Message 4 of 6 (864 Views)

★★ Guide
Just to make it clear, there are situations where you need administrative rights for Origin. If you want to run Origin in user windows account, you may need to right-click on the Origin Icon and select run as administrator.

Alternatively, you can right-click on the Origin's icon and choose Properties. Now, click the Advanced button under the Shortcut tab in the Properties window. Then check the “Run as administrator” box and click OK and OK again to close out of the Properties screen
Message 5 of 6 (854 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi @kabouki1965 

Initially, I was talking about the Windows user accounts. When I used Administrator account to log in Windows and double left-click Origin icon, it worked with full screen. When I used User account to log in Windows and double left-click Origin icon, I got the screen I shared.

As your instruction, I tried to right-click on the Origin icon and selected run as Administrator, it was working well with full screen.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (819 Views)