Accepted Solution

How to Delete demo game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Message 1 of 11 (8,557 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to Delete demo game

Community Manager

@Plopperdeplofkip There's a Hide option, right-click the game panel to get this. At this time there's no way to scrub the game fully from the Origin account, but if it's Hidden then it won't show up on your normal games list. 

If this changes (I know it's intermittently requested) it'll be listed in the Origin updates, but I don't know if this is a planned change. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (9,576 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Underneath the hid game option there is an option to remove the game. If not, go to configuration in windows, go to your programs list and remove it manually.

Message 2 of 11 (8,517 Views)

★★★ Novice

No...there's no option to remove and there's no mention of those demo games in windows programs.

Message 3 of 11 (8,216 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im still having this problem also, is in still nog solved after al those years ??

its hide under the games but its still present in

My Profile - My Games

• Mass Effect™ 3 Demo

I dont want it in my games because i didnt like it.

now it looks like i like the demo

how to get rid of it

Regards Edwin

de-installation isnt also corrected on cleanup the register, key that stil exist in the reg but nog on the hard drive
(Mask some info with ****  ;-))

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Games\71345
key: Mass Effect™ 3 Demo

HKEY_USERS\S-1-********-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UFH\SHC
key4 : *\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Mass Effect 3 Demo\Configuration.lnk
*\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3 Demo\Binaries\MassEffect3DemoConfig.exe

HKEY_USERS\S-1-*************-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store
Binairi: *\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\EAInstaller\Mass Effect 3 Demo\Cleanup.exe

Message 4 of 11 (7,955 Views)

Community Manager

@Plopperdeplofkip There's a Hide option, right-click the game panel to get this. At this time there's no way to scrub the game fully from the Origin account, but if it's Hidden then it won't show up on your normal games list. 

If this changes (I know it's intermittently requested) it'll be listed in the Origin updates, but I don't know if this is a planned change. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 11 (9,577 Views)

★ Apprentice

This needs to be addressed.  I own the Sims 4 and don't need the create-a-sim demo clogging up origin.  I'm having issues with the game and want to make sure that nothing is in my computer that doesn't need to be.

Message 6 of 11 (7,829 Views)

Community Manager

@AStrangePuppy Hi,

Unfortunately I am not aware of any plans to allow for the deletion of games from your account. Hiding should serve the same purpose however.

What issues are you encountering with your game exactly?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 7 of 11 (7,811 Views)

★★★ Novice

There is no issue with the game(s). It's the fact of the matter.....the "Principal" of it. That we as Origin members, in good standing, should have the ability to keep and remove (DELETE) any game(s) as we see fit and not just given the option to hide them. 

Message 8 of 11 (7,420 Views)

Eventualy this is not a problem, it's just your origin account "remembering" all games ever played. If this has to be solved, the overlay of the account system has to be modified and that's a job for the programmers.

Message 9 of 11 (7,418 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

" Hi,

Unfortunately I am [/b] not aware of any plans [b] to allow for the deletion of games from your account. ...

Cheers,

Nils "

with all [ due ] respect Nils ...

[/b] Make Plans [b]

..... pass it on .

No Cheers from the customers' position

on a human level ... be well

Message 10 of 11 (6,500 Views)