How large of a download is the Origin client?

by Pines28

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How large of a download is the Origin client?

★★ Novice
Just a quick question. I bought Inquisition for the PC, but I have to download the Origin client to dven get started. I was just wondering how big of a download the Origin client is? I font have internet available at the moment, so I have to tether with my phone. I just dont want to eat up all my data. Thanks for the help!
Message 1 of 4 (12,906 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How large of a download is the Origin client?

★ Apprentice

The Origin client itself isn't horribly large. The installer is about 17 or 18 MB. But it's going to pull what it needs over your internet connection, so no more than about 220MB, which may not fit well with your data plan. Dragon Age Inquisition is about a 25GB download (definitely not something to pull through your phone).

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (13,551 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

The Origin client itself isn't horribly large. The installer is about 17 or 18 MB. But it's going to pull what it needs over your internet connection, so no more than about 220MB, which may not fit well with your data plan. Dragon Age Inquisition is about a 25GB download (definitely not something to pull through your phone).

Message 2 of 4 (13,552 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@marstinson Thats true (around 200MB), and if you have trouble with one LTE operator try different. With Virgin Mob. doesn't work in Poland. Other one is installing succesfully. Same problem was with GameRanger. Hope it'll help someone.
Message 3 of 4 (4,348 Views)

Community Manager

This thread has gotten old, I will close it to prevent necro posting. 

If you run into issues with The Client or installing it, please make a new post here

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 4 (4,335 Views)