Accepted Solution

How do i re-install the games

★★ Novice

I already have the games downloaded. How do i re-install the games

Message 1 of 6 (346 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do i re-install the games

★★ Novice

Everything is where it's suppose to be but still won't let me install without downloading. Thank you for your help

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (321 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @RBauto1

Restart your machine.

Run the setup file Origin with Admin rights  http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#2 

Now go in Origin / My Games tab ,right click on a game and choose PlayThumbs up

NOTE Games installs itself in Origin,mateWink in the drive and folder where you downloaded the game.(to change the install dir of the Origin games, click on Origin in the client, choose application settings.)

If your issue persist  clear Origin cache and for this you get a perfectly detailed post from @EA_Nils >>http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/my-origin-will-not-update-my-sims-4/m-p/4721983#M163410

Restart your machine .

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 6 (336 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok Thank you. It still only gives me the option to download. My os crashed and in reinstalled windows and left the origin directories and game files where they were.

Message 3 of 6 (328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@RBauto1

That must be..but take care to match the setting from Origin (Application Settings/ Advaced/Downloaded Games) with  the partition that you have downloaded the game.

And now select Download carefree,..now Origin i will do the right thing.Wink

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 6 (321 Views)

★★ Novice

Everything is where it's suppose to be but still won't let me install without downloading. Thank you for your help

Message 5 of 6 (322 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

We're welcome Standard smile @RBauto1

You need to click Download, because it does nothing, only to recognize the  downloaded game. For a couple of seconds it will look like something download , then you will see  Installed.And after one minute i think that you can select Play (It depends on how big it is the game)

Retired champion.
Message 6 of 6 (308 Views)