How do i change the currency on the Origin store to USD?

by RealShadowReconz

Original Post

How do i change the currency on the Origin store to USD?

★ Novice

For some reason, my origin store is displaying prices in euros, rather than USD. (which I use for almost all transactions in my day to day life) I live in the Bahamas, which is very close to the United States, and we even use USD as regular currency here. This really doesn't make any sense to me as to why this is happening. Please help cause I can't buy any games.

Message 1 of 6 (5,105 Views)

Re: How do i change the currency on the Origin store to USD?

★★★★★ Guide
its a best guess on another Origin user
ask ISP is that ip adr in US i think thats why you see wrong currency or country even, ( but currency dont always dont always follow right Country its not that simple if you cant change this then it most have select local what it belong to in that Region or think it belong to. )
Message 2 of 6 (5,076 Views)

★★★ Guide

Make sure you are not using a VPN/Proxy 

you can also check your regional settings on your EA account at https://account.origin.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index?gameId=ebisu&locale=en_US

Message 3 of 6 (5,070 Views)

Community Manager

@RealShadowReconz If you live in a country that does not have a dedicated Origin store then you will be redirected to another local which can result in you seeing a currency other than your own. 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (5,049 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same problem except it was showing Rupees instead of GBP.  I figured it was some sort of issue with it thinking my computer was somewhere else and logged into origin on my phone to make the purchase then it worked fine!! hope this helps 

Spoiler

Message 5 of 6 (4,259 Views)

★ Novice

guys just use a vpn it did it and it worked 

Message 6 of 6 (1,720 Views)