Re: How do I unlink my xbox live account from my other origin account?

by JaysenOracle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I unlink my xbox live account from my other origin account?

★★★ Newbie

So i just made an Origin account and was happy so i could use battlelog but when i was making my account and tried to link my xbox live account to Origin it had an error thing popping up saying this:

UNABLE TO LINK ACCOUNTS

Oops…that account has already been linked to a different Origin ID. To review your linked accounts, select Account and Privacy from theOrigin menu.

I dont remember linking it to another account. How do i fix this so i can link it to my other account? Please i really need help.

Message 1 of 6 (81,622 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Expert

To do any unlinking of your game tag from Origin account ,you need to contact EA game advisor DIRECTLY to get it done,only they have the tools to do it.

AHQ a Public forum ,since it would involve accessing your account to verify which we cannot do in AHQ(the policy of the forum forbide personal information to be post in here .for eg,email,password,contact No,..) .In order to solve your problem you will need to speak with at game advisor at EA Customer support:  https://help.ea.com/contact-us 

For any issues regarding accounts/refunds, please follow these steps to contact a game advisor for more help:

1. Click the link https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ask and log in with your Origin name and password.

2. Where it says: ’What Can We Help you With’, type in ‘GAME NAME’

3. Click Find Solutions

4. Select "Your problem,eg accounts" from the drop-down list and also select your platform from the list.

5. Click: Find Solutions

6. Scroll down a little and on the lower right hand side, Click "I Still need Help"

Picture to help you understand better,  https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center

The Window Will Open...
You’ll now see the currently available contact options(Depending on your game). These may vary depending on your geographical location and the time of day. Phone or Live Chat are the best options.

For customers in North America:

• Select "Call me."
  • Enter your phone number.
  • Select "Submit."

For Customers outside of North America:

• Go to the "choose a contact method" section
  • Contact us using the telephone number provided within the listed opening hours

Please be aware that it is likely that the agent you speak to will need to confirm information on this account.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 Cheers 。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others &all . Click XP if someone helped! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin. Questions belong in the forums,Solution is like medicine,same medicine/solution may not work on same problem.I'm helping you because I've also suffered in the hands of EA for releasing their half baked products to us,gamers.

I don't answer questions via PM.  AHQ is "Player-to-Player" technical self-help forum

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (95,517 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert

To do any unlinking of your game tag from Origin account ,you need to contact EA game advisor DIRECTLY to get it done,only they have the tools to do it.

AHQ a Public forum ,since it would involve accessing your account to verify which we cannot do in AHQ(the policy of the forum forbide personal information to be post in here .for eg,email,password,contact No,..) .In order to solve your problem you will need to speak with at game advisor at EA Customer support:  https://help.ea.com/contact-us 

For any issues regarding accounts/refunds, please follow these steps to contact a game advisor for more help:

1. Click the link https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ask and log in with your Origin name and password.

2. Where it says: ’What Can We Help you With’, type in ‘GAME NAME’

3. Click Find Solutions

4. Select "Your problem,eg accounts" from the drop-down list and also select your platform from the list.

5. Click: Find Solutions

6. Scroll down a little and on the lower right hand side, Click "I Still need Help"

Picture to help you understand better,  https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center

The Window Will Open...
You’ll now see the currently available contact options(Depending on your game). These may vary depending on your geographical location and the time of day. Phone or Live Chat are the best options.

For customers in North America:

• Select "Call me."
  • Enter your phone number.
  • Select "Submit."

For Customers outside of North America:

• Go to the "choose a contact method" section
  • Contact us using the telephone number provided within the listed opening hours

Please be aware that it is likely that the agent you speak to will need to confirm information on this account.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 Cheers 。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others &all . Click XP if someone helped! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin. Questions belong in the forums,Solution is like medicine,same medicine/solution may not work on same problem.I'm helping you because I've also suffered in the hands of EA for releasing their half baked products to us,gamers.

I don't answer questions via PM.  AHQ is "Player-to-Player" technical self-help forum

Message 2 of 6 (95,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!!

Message 3 of 6 (81,475 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same problem.  What you need is a persona migration or persona swap (they'll know what happened).

Mine was actually NOT EA's fault somehow like I originally thought.  

I was hating EA customer disservice for the last 6 hours while trying to get someone on the phone (all the chat people said the phone call option was availabe, but that option didn't come available til the next morning).
Very frustrated that I couldn't online in my new FIFA game because of a persona account mix up, I gave up and tried the next morning.

I talked with Imani this morning and she restored my faith in EA games. Very friendly, very professional, very pleasant to talk to, and she worked very hard to finally resolve my problem!

She had to be very frustrated with Microsoft's [Lack of?] account management system as I was, but she kept her cool.

Probably the most pleasant experience with a phone support I've ever had and I definitely did not expect that from EA... A company I've come to loathe (and avoid most of their titles). This might change my mind.

Thanks EA for hiring Imani.

Message 4 of 6 (70,646 Views)

★★★ Newbie

being outside us i had to use the online chat :/ i no longer have access to email account for the ea account associated with my gamertag. when i asked the adviser to unlink the account they said they couldnt do it and i would have to create a new gamer profile Frown . please help i cant play online otherwise

Message 5 of 6 (67,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same thing but when I first got battlefield 4 I put in 1 wrong number and it screwed everything up so when I go to play battlefield 4 I get stuck on the loading screen! PLEASE HELP ME EA
Message 6 of 6 (58,186 Views)