Re: How do I unlink my Gamertag from Origin?

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I unlink my Gamertag from Origin?

★ Novice

Contacted an EA Game Advisor, and he told me it can't be done, period.  However, after searching online, it seems tons of people have been able to do so.  I want to unlink it from one EA account, so I can put it on my main account, as the account it's currently connected to is NOT the correct account.  Please help.

Message 1 of 6 (5,150 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Fanryu Hi,

As outlined in this article: http://help.ea.com/en/article/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/

If your console IDs are connected to different EA accounts or to an incorrect account, it is possible to have an EA Advisor transfer certain items for you. However, doing so can result in permanently losing data from your EA account, console account, or both. You can find more details on the risks of persona transfers here.

• If you have multiple EA accounts with console IDs connected to them and you want the console IDs to be on the same EA account, an EA Advisor can move the console account for you*. You will need to verify ownership on all accounts involved.
    • Please note: moving a console ID will cause you to lose your game status and progress, items purchased and/or earned in your games, content that you have associated with one or both accounts, and access to certain online services for games. Your EA Advisor can tell you what you will lose based on your account information.
  • If you have multiple EA accounts with games or content on them but your console IDs are connected to just one of them, contact an EA Advisor. They can transfer your games and other content to the EA account that is connected to your console IDs.
    • Please note: Doing this may result in the loss of progress, saved data or stats from your games. This includes any content you have saved to the Origin Cloud, any multiplayer progression, and potentially offline save game progression.

*Note: EA Advisors cannot transfer your console ID to an EA Account that already has a console ID of the same type (Xbox LIVE gamertag or PlayStation online ID) attached to it.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (5,531 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@Fanryu

An EA Adviser can do it, but they do so on a case-to-case basis.  However, you are aware that unlinking your Gamertag from your Origin account will cause you to lose ALL multiplayer progress, etc from EVERY single EA title linked to that account?

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 2 of 6 (5,095 Views)

★ Novice

I don't care really.  I just want it done.  But what do you mean?  Which end of it?  The Xbox games or PC games?  Cause the only thing that I've got on the PC is PvZ (which I don't really play anymore) and SWTOR, which I also don't play anymore.

Message 3 of 6 (5,087 Views)

Community Manager

@Fanryu Hi,

As outlined in this article: http://help.ea.com/en/article/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/

If your console IDs are connected to different EA accounts or to an incorrect account, it is possible to have an EA Advisor transfer certain items for you. However, doing so can result in permanently losing data from your EA account, console account, or both. You can find more details on the risks of persona transfers here.

• If you have multiple EA accounts with console IDs connected to them and you want the console IDs to be on the same EA account, an EA Advisor can move the console account for you*. You will need to verify ownership on all accounts involved.
    • Please note: moving a console ID will cause you to lose your game status and progress, items purchased and/or earned in your games, content that you have associated with one or both accounts, and access to certain online services for games. Your EA Advisor can tell you what you will lose based on your account information.
  • If you have multiple EA accounts with games or content on them but your console IDs are connected to just one of them, contact an EA Advisor. They can transfer your games and other content to the EA account that is connected to your console IDs.
    • Please note: Doing this may result in the loss of progress, saved data or stats from your games. This includes any content you have saved to the Origin Cloud, any multiplayer progression, and potentially offline save game progression.

*Note: EA Advisors cannot transfer your console ID to an EA Account that already has a console ID of the same type (Xbox LIVE gamertag or PlayStation online ID) attached to it.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 6 (5,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had just talked to someone and I had wanted to move my gamertag from my sons and put it on mine and they had told me that they can't do that. Now you are saying and EA is saying that they can. Can they or can't because I didn't tell my son to do that

Message 5 of 6 (2,385 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No you can't and that is what I was told

@EA_Nils wrote:

@Fanryu Hi,

Cheers,

Nils

No you can not do it and that is what I was told

Message 6 of 6 (2,384 Views)