How do I move my games from one hard drive to another.

by Gwydderig

Original Post

Re: How do I move my games from one hard drive to another.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I do this exactly, and the files get verified but then it starts downloading the game again and takes up space

Edit: it takes up space whilst its "downloading" but when its done the space it takes is gone.

Message 31 of 39 (3,749 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Sojourner2183 I love u
Message 32 of 39 (3,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If anyone is still having this issue and is going the Regedit route:

1. Search for C:\Program Files\EA Games\*GAME FOLDER* in your registry. (This is the default location, but your game install location may differ)
  2. Replace each match found with your new game folder, ex: H:\EA Games\*GAME FOLDER*

The location of the needed registry edits has changed after this post was initially solved. This was my solution to the problem as I couldn't get EA Desktop to recognize that my game existed at the new location when attempting to re-download the game.

Message 33 of 39 (3,678 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Thanks @Loopingeuh! Can confirm that its mid-2023 and this works. How on earth EA App doesn't have a MOVE GAME option? Its beyond idiotic tbh...
Message 34 of 39 (3,501 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@X_Panni_X Excellent, thanks
Message 35 of 39 (3,253 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Loopingeuh Thank you very much. i love this solution because it required no re-verification .
Message 36 of 39 (3,156 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Loopingeuh Thank you, you are the best!

<3
Message 37 of 39 (2,781 Views)

★★ Novice
@X_Panni_X
Thank you for this! It worked perfectly! I didn't move the folder where my saves are, but I moved everything else from one drive to another and didn't have to touch the registry.
Message 38 of 39 (2,731 Views)

Community Manager
Glad to hear the advice here helped. Please, give the post that contained the useful info some love by pressing the 'XP' button under it.

I'll close this thread here to limit further necroposting.

Thanks,

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 39 of 39 (2,719 Views)