Re: How do I get the patch for Syberia 3?

by Unkyl-Dave

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I get the patch for Syberia 3?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've been having trouble playing Syberia 3.  I played both of the earlier versions with no problems.  Other then having trouble finding clues, that is.

Is MICROIDS KOALABs, B. Sokal going to be providing a patch soon?

Don't search for a random patch on the Internet.  I found one I thought was legitimate because the company page that was used was considered an ICON of gamers wealth in knowledge.

WARNING The patch was called Syberia3patchFix.zip!!! WARNING

It was loaded with a Browser hijacker, and a redirect to a foreign country.  All the words on the page were in the same language as the games owner creators read and I had to use Google Chromes Translation tools to figure out the redirect was to a mail.ru page.

If I had not had a Microsoft techs help I would have had a big Windows 10 64 bit mess.  Starting over after just getting a new computer, downloading all my EA Game from the Library woujld have really given me a head ache.

Message 1 of 8 (6,825 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Locked. 

UPDATE: we should be getting another Syberia 3 patch on Origin somewhere in the week of May 8. Do note that this could be subject to change.

When we are ready to release a patch for any non-EA games also depends on the development cycle of that game,and when we get forwarded the patch. It then also takes some time on our side to get the patch certified, and uploaded to the servers so players can download it.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (8,388 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Neither AHQ, nor EA is responsible for support of the new game Syberia 3.  If Origin sold it, that was strictly from the position of a retail seller only.  You will need to seek support from Anuman, the distributor of the game, not from EA or Origin, sorry! 

Message 2 of 8 (6,808 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If you don't have any lead to information where I can get one.  Thanks for nothing.

Message 3 of 8 (6,796 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

If you want any opportunity at all to post on here, you WILL be polite, and you WILL honor the Terms of Service Agreement! 

Message 4 of 8 (6,764 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Unkyl-Dave

Gorath is right in that Answers HQ and EA doesn't offer support for Syberia 3 as we did not publish the game. We're merely sell the game on Origin. In this case, please reach out to Microids for support

@Gorath_the_Elder

Dave might not have been aware of our rules & guidelines, or even that EA did not publish or create the game. Please be respectful when educating or referring other users. We're all here either help, or get help.

Thank you,

Message 5 of 8 (6,746 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I would consider my response to have been completely "respectful", very much unlike the newbie's attitude when I made it clear he was knocking at the wrong door (also "respectful", if you hadn't noticed), and he berated me for not doing his job for him. 

Message 6 of 8 (6,739 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I understood the rules, I read the legal contract.

He had what is called a conniption fit.  Ignoring the question, ignoring the point; which is to answer a answer only if you know anything pertinent to the question, and then he went ballistic spouting off nothing consequential to the question.

When someone buys a game from your store and wants some help getting directions to where they can get the simple game code update to correct the games obvious problems your group would be better off to not write anything then if they're going to lose their heads and start babbling about their laws.

NOW!  If B Sokal's group at their official website doesn't share the update anytime soon.  Then I will restrict any purchases from Origin, EA Games to the games that are only Origin EA Games that Origin EA Game's sells.

Thank Origin EA games for selling this piece of Windows 7 baby sitting game. After reading Origin EA games legal banter I would advise Origin EA Games to stay out of the retail resale business selling any games but their owned ownership games.

Some of the people out there might get really riled up if they found out what a lame game Origin EA Games sold, set their OriginUI.exe tag on the game so it can't be played unless the user logs in function is signed into, and then when asked for help, claimed that Origin EA games is not in control of the game; Syberia 3.

It is and unless Origin EA Games releases the games start up exe so that Origin EA Games doen't require Syberia 3 players to log in to the server at Origin EA Games, Origin EA Games can be held responsible for the games faults too; Because Origin EA Games Server may be what is causing some of Syberia 3's problems.

Message 7 of 8 (6,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Locked. 

UPDATE: we should be getting another Syberia 3 patch on Origin somewhere in the week of May 8. Do note that this could be subject to change.

When we are ready to release a patch for any non-EA games also depends on the development cycle of that game,and when we get forwarded the patch. It then also takes some time on our side to get the patch certified, and uploaded to the servers so players can download it.

Message 8 of 8 (8,389 Views)