How do I get actual support?

by Meshio05

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I get actual support?

★★★ Newbie

Frankly, this has turned into a saga that is far more of a headache than it should be. Notice: this is a second account I made purely to ask this question, since I cannot log into my main for reasons being made clear below.

It started yesterday afternoon when I tried to log onto Origin, only to find that I could not log in. Told me account credentials were invalid. So...I gave it a couple more stabs. No dice. I decide to reset my password. Ten minutes pass, no e-mail comes. Not in spam folder. Try again, same result. Ten minutes later, try again. Same result. I give it an hour or two. No e-mail. Try again. So, finally, I try support. Using the chat feature. The thing tells me 15-20 minutes, then times out. I try again. 10-15 minutes. While I'm doing this, I get curious and decide to experiment. I go into create new account, and enter the e-mail and user name I use on the account I am trying to get into. To my amazement...both are available. Which means my account has been hacked and the items changed (although I got no e-mail to my main e-mail notifying me of this), or worse, the account was deleted. By now, it's telling me less than 5 minutes....this goes on for about 20 minutes. Then it tells me 'no advisors available'. So, I try again an hour later. 5-10 minutes, less than 5 minutes, back to 5-10, less than 5 again...no advisors available. I try again. This time, it hangs on 'less than 5 minutes' for about 40 minutes...then no advisors available. Next, I tried the 'call me in 10 minutes option'. 10 minutes passed. Then 20. Then 30. Then 40. Then 50. Then an hour. No call. I know I gave it my valid phone number. I try live chat again. The whole 'countdown, hangs at less than 5 minutes for about 40 minutes, then sorry, no one available thing' happens AGAIN, more time has passed, and still no call...

Basically, my question is...what the heck do I have to do just to even get ahold of someone to begin TALKING about getting my account fixed and accessible? Or find out if it even still exists?

Message 1 of 7 (375 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I get actual support?

★★★ Expert

You will have to Contact An Advisor.

Use the flag at the top to choose your country.

Select Origin as the game you need help with.

Provide the requested information.

Choose a contact option.

Available contact options vary by location and time of day.

I know the wait can be a bit long but, the fastest is scheduling a call from them. It will say they will call in 20 minutes but, it's usually sooner that that, often almost immediately.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (371 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

You will have to Contact An Advisor.

Use the flag at the top to choose your country.

Select Origin as the game you need help with.

Provide the requested information.

Choose a contact option.

Available contact options vary by location and time of day.

I know the wait can be a bit long but, the fastest is scheduling a call from them. It will say they will call in 20 minutes but, it's usually sooner that that, often almost immediately.

Message 2 of 7 (372 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you read my post? I did all that. I did scheduling a call. They never called. It's been about three hours now.

Message 3 of 7 (358 Views)

★★★ Expert

Please initiate a new contact, the system may have glitched. That is the only way to resolve this.

Message 4 of 7 (346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Whelp, I've done that countless times now over the last 24 hours since the last post. On three different browsers to see if maybe that was an issue. Still can't get ahold of anyone whatsoever.

Message 5 of 7 (330 Views)

★★★ Expert

Okay, try it one more time, set your country to USA. It is the right time for live chat here and, USA team has always been very good with me. Give them a try on Live chat. Just don't use the word "Account" in anything until you get in a chat with an Advisor, that word triggers voice contact ONLY.

Message 6 of 7 (316 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have waited 6 days for them to contact me. I have gone through every available help option, twice. I am glad you were able to get your issue resolved by doing this, I am just irritated and really hating this whole system.

Message 7 of 7 (313 Views)