How do I enable my childs account to play ea games online?

by blkeagl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I enable my childs account to play ea games online?

★★★ Newbie

I have done everything I can conceive of to authorize and enable my child to be able to play EA games online with me (both Battlefront versions on PS4), but EA won’t allow my childs account to sign in. According to the documentation, EA will respect the settings I have on the Family account, but in reality it just says that my child is prohibited from signing on and when I sign on which it allows, there is not ability to view and enable his account. 

I’m a software engineer who is not unfamiliar with complex solutions, but I am also a usability expert. While I appreciate how EA is trying to protect my child (and themselves), the usability around solving this problem is ridiculous.

Any pointers?

Message 1 of 3 (456 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I enable my childs account to play ea games online?

Community Manager

Hey @blkeagl certain games with adult content are not playable on an underage account. 

This would be the case with Battlefront. In order to play Battlefront, you would need to do so on an over age account. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (357 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@blkeagl Note that this has worked fine for every other game my children and I like to play together, but EA games don’t appear to offer any ability to manage the controls except perhaps by lying and creating new accounts, which I don’t want to do..
Message 2 of 3 (454 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @blkeagl certain games with adult content are not playable on an underage account. 

This would be the case with Battlefront. In order to play Battlefront, you would need to do so on an over age account. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (358 Views)