Re: How do I delete my EA Answers HQ account?

by CMCLV

Original Post

★ Guide
I don't understand why people are so freaked out about this, AHQ is like... the wiki of answers. Sure, a lot of the time the answers are "No" or "You have to contact live support", but that's the platform EA has provided.
Message 21 of 25 (1,061 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

We and agents acting on our behalf do not share any information that may be traced back to you personally without your consent, except in rare cases where disclosure is required by law or for the purpose of exercising EA's legal rights.

They shared my e-mail address without my consent to without my consent create an account for me. In the progress ignoring that my ea.com privacy settings says that I do not want my profile to be public and now is.

Nor did I agree to the endless amounts of emails I get now. Is this even trying to remain GDPR compliant?

Message 22 of 25 (907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Apparently this is still a thing. How is this still a thing? I have used SWTOR and Origin since 2013, and gotten zero notification about this until I get the "You earned the Newbie Badge" email. I really, really got scared for a second, thinking that someone had hacked me or was phishing.

I'm glad it's just another one of the billion different accounts EA forces you to have, instead of something more serious, but still. WTF? Seven years later?

Message 23 of 25 (738 Views)

★ Novice

I have just had an answers HQ account foisted on me today - i can see this thread is a few years old now - can anyone help get rid of this nonsense??

EA have used my data without my permission to create an account for me on a platform I have never even heard of. Abhorrent practice!

Message 24 of 25 (636 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my answers hq account seems to have made an hour ago - I've been in contact with ea help recently because my steam copy of ME catalyst refuses to launch despite all efforts (unrelated but this case still hasn't been resolved)

stuff like this makes you wonder if electronic arts even has a pr team

Message 25 of 25 (580 Views)